The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Also, how fucking good is Doomsword ? This is the first time I have given Let Battle Commence anything approaching a decent listen, and it is fucking phenomenal.

Why didn't any of you fucking retards insist I listen to this earlier ?

If you like that album and you have the exact same tastes as me, you'll like the other albums even more. Brilliant band, and I think My Name Will Live On was one of the best albums last year.

I suppose so. Since production in black metal is not about being "good" and instead about being evocative of the certain feeling the artist or band wants to get across, I feel that Wedard does a nice job.

Yes, his asshole is as tight as a drum when it comes to 'classics'.
:lol:
True dat. Tragic, isn't it? I envy you somewhat for being able to enjoy anything that's considered classic or is derived from classics.
I've become disappointed in a lot of music. Sometimes I don't even know what exactly I'm looking for anymore. Stuff with a good sense of dynamics that covers a lot of listening moods, I guess.

Five songs into Celtic Frost - Monotheist.

So fucking good.

I was actually listening to this about a week ago for the first time in several months and had the same revelation. It isn't something you would expect from Celtic Frost, but it's a definitely a fine slab of metal.