The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

V.V.V.V.V. couldn't be more correct about their split with Clandestine Blaze(who're at their most brilliant, as well). Their splits with Mutiilation and Moonblood are both worthwhile. The material is quite similar to the CB split - longer and more epic songs in comparison to their first two full-lengths, but in the same vein.

EDIT: Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea when their new album is due? I can't wait.

Somberlain said:
V.V.V.V.V. couldn't be more correct about their split with Clandestine Blaze(who're at their most brilliant, as well). Their splits with Mutiilation and Moonblood are both worthwhile. The material is quite similar to the CB split - longer and more epic songs in comparison to their first two full-lengths, but in the same vein.

Yes that's a good note about the length. Suicide Curse rings up at 8:10 or so if I recall correctly (somewhere around there anyways), and it pretty much is one lead riff. But damn the melody in that song is amazing.

Somberlain said:

EDIT: Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea when their new album is due? I can't wait.
You think the best DSO is on that split?

Somberlain said:

NOEVDIA will release an album of theirs this year called Kénôse, I've no idea what's on it though, but I doubt they've come up with a follow up for SMRC this soon.

Haggard is pretty good shit, it has a mediaeval vibe that people might enjoy, albeit they can get kind of cheesy sometimes.

I've been on a music slump for quite some time now and I need more bands to check out. I'm looking for ambient/darkwave, death and black metal bands specifically. Here's a list of some of the bands that I enjoy:

Aeternus
Aborym
Blut Aus Nord
Epheles
Lykathea Aflame
Vinterriket
Intestine Baalism
Nagelfar
Nokturnal Mortum
Temnozor'
Ulver
Gorguts
Mithras
Miasma

Ultimate_Symphony said:
I've been on a music slump for quite some time now and I need more bands to check out. I'm looking for ambient/darkwave, death and black metal bands specifically. Here's a list of some of the bands that I enjoy:

Aeternus
Aborym
Blut Aus Nord
Epheles
Lykathea Aflame
Vinterriket
Intestine Baalism
Nagelfar
Nokturnal Mortum
Temnozor'
Ulver
Gorguts
Mithras
Miasma
If you want Ambient listen to Northaunt - The Ominous Silence.
It is better than Vinterriket (the album i have) imo, but similiar in atmosphere.

Ultimate_Symphony said:

Aeternus
Aborym
Blut Aus Nord
Epheles
Lykathea Aflame
Vinterriket
Intestine Baalism
Nagelfar
Nokturnal Mortum
Temnozor'
Ulver
Gorguts
Mithras
Miasma

Some randomly picked good BM:
Algor - Úder Pohanského Hnevu
Belenos - Notre Amour Eternel
Branikald - Stormheit
Darkestrah - Sary Oy
Demoncy - Joined in Darkness
Fullmoon - United Aryan Evil
Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Keep of Kalessin - Agnen: A Journey Through The Dark
Mordaehoth - Bloedwraak
Nortt - Gudsforladt
Sort Vokter - Folkloric Necro Metal
The Shadow Order - Raise the Banners
Wolfnacht - Heidentum
Yamatu - Shurpu Asaru

...and DM:
Afflicted - Prodigal Sun
Cadaver - In Pains...
Cemetary - An Evil Shade Of Gray
Coffin Texts - Gods Of Creation, Death, and Afterlife
Demilich - Nespithe
Deteriorot - In Ancient Beliefs
Dominus - A View to the Dim
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
Fleshcrawl - Descend Into The Absurd
Golem - Eternity: The Weeping Horizons
Lemming Project - Hate & Despise
Luciferion - Demonication: The Manifest
Mortuary - Blackened Images
Serpens Aeon - Dawn of Kouatl
Vore - Lord of Storms

I just got my ordered The Chasm - Spell of Retribution, they did not got me Incorrigible Bigotry and Deathcult though, but this album kicks ass!!! One of the finest albums i heard in a long time!

Next on my list is Deathcult, Unchain the Wolves and of course Incorrigible Bigotry.

Sorry I'm just too happy. And thanks to this forum, this is where I discovered these great bands!