The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm enjoying these:

Torchure - Beyond the Veil (How does The Essence compare, if anyone knows)
Abramelin - Abramelin
Eternal Darkness (SWE) - Twilight in the Wilderness
Vrolok - Resurgence II:Where the Dying Meet the Dead
Sin Origin - Night Aeternal
Hirilorn/Nasav - Split

Kronos - Collosal titan strife as been owning me all morning, there drummer is simply amazing, I could listen to him all day and never get bored. On top of that the duel vocalists are both very talented (especially the main one), and the riffs the two guitarists churn out are incredible!

I've been on a huge Dark Throne kick lately, Sardonic Wrath is great. Watain, Azrael, Elite, Dissection and Enslaved amongst many more.........

I've got all the Asphyx albums. The Rack and the self-titled (though a little long) are the best ones. The last one they released, On the Wings of Inferno, is a nice little diddy. And if you're a Martin Van Drunen fan, you must get The Rack and Last One on Earth.

The Asphyx guys also released an album Feeding on Angels under the name Soulburn. Same type of music, and same exact lineup. I personally think this one is equally as good as most Asphyx albums, barring The Rack.

As for me, I've been playing the hell outta Helheim's Av Norron Aett. Beautiful stuff.

sikth said:
Kronos - Collosal titan strife as been owning me all morning, there drummer is simply amazing, I could listen to him all day and never get bored. On top of that the duel vocalists are both very talented (especially the main one), and the riffs the two guitarists churn out are incredible!

Yes more people should hear this band!

Greetings. I recently joined this site in hopes that I'd have a chance to talk with some fellow experienced metalheads. I've been addicted to folk/viking sorts of bands lately (Turisas and Korpiklaani especially), as well as bands with a sort of medieval sound, like Haggard. I was wondering if anyone could make some recommendations for bands along those lines.

They have a fucking GREAT side on their split with Clandestine Blaze. The Suicide Curse is extremely fucking hateful, even my mom said ti was the most hateful thing she's eve heard (FACT!) and she has never used that adjective as long as I've known her. Also the tracks have the trademark DSO melody, so if you're expecting songs like something from Inquisitors Of Satan, you're right on the money.