The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Comparison time.

Tbh he sounds fine. Not as intense or high, but still aggressive and pissed off, and somewhat more tuneful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how anyone could stand the lead singer of Kreator's voice. Fucking nails on the chalkboard for me.
I'm gonna have to agree. I really don't like Kreator tbh...or Death Angel.

I've been on a huge King Diamond/Mercyful Fate kick lately. 'Melissa', 'Don't Break The Oath', 'Fatal Portrait', 'Them', 'Abigail', and 'The Eye' all rule so fucking much.

I bow down to your superior opinion, of course ;)

edit: they've fallen much less far than most "old thrash" has though, if you can admit that.

The few songs I've heard from the newest Kreator album are definitely their best material since Coma of Souls, I have to give them that.

Kreator's 90s albums Renewal, Outcast, and to a lesser degree Endorama absolutely sucked, certainly worse than Metallica and Megadeth's 90s output. However, they were not tinged with the sense of sell-outness that tainted many a 90s thrash album. Hordes of Chaos definitely lives up to their older stuff in that it's intense and thrashing, but they don't try to pretend that the intervening 20 years or so never happened.

I'm listening to bits and pieces of Summoning's stronghold, and I like them.
*edit* I'm also listening to a bit of Legion of the Damned's new album, and it sounds pretty awesome to.

My switching between bands is weird.

I declare Cowboys From Hell to be fucking awesome.
Also, Amoral - Decrowning is really mediocre "thrash" - avoid.