The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I like all kinds of metal. I'll list my top 5's for each genre no order

Black Metal: Funeral Mist, Dark Funeral, Tsjuder, Carpathian Forest, 1349.

Death Metal: Nile, Cannibal Corpse, At The Gates, Children of Bodom, Skyfire.

Power Metal: Blind Guardian, Rhapsody of Fire, Symphony X, Powerwolf, Firewind.

Thrash Metal: Exodus, Iced Earth, Pantera, Death Angel, Kreator.

Other Metal (Alternative/Industrial/Doom/etc): Rammstein, Rage Against The Machine, Disturbed, The Sword, Krux

Children of Bodom aren't death metal

Skyfire are questionable as well. Iced Earth aren't really thrash, and if Firewind is on your top 5 for power metal it's because you only know 4 other power metal bands, because they're not really power metal and they're really not good.

Iced Earth is my fav band. Firewind is just one of the few power metal bands I like. Mainly because of their guitar player Gus G. The singer is ok though

No your wrong about FF and Soulfly, they are groove as well. Hatebreed is questionable. I'd list them with Lamb of God. When I was talking about metalcore I was talking about more of a genre with break downs and such. But true those bands aren't exactly metalcore. I am a bit twisted around with the metalcore genre and the groove metal genre. They can be rather a bit confusing at times. Like if you listen to Cannae then Hatebreed, then Fear Factory, you start to ponder "Ok so which band is which genre". I hope you understand what I mean.

Fear Factory and Soulfly aren't groove based at all. Soulfly have tribal influences in their music but other than that their last three albums are strictly Thrash. Listen to Hatesphere if you're looking for good Thrash/Death with plenty of groove. Unmoored are another band that have a decent amount of groove as well.

(Edit)

hmmm well then ill re-organize my list.

Groove Metal/Nu Metal: Soulfly, Fear Factory, Lamb of God, Dry Kill Logic, Devildriver

Metalcore: Chimaira, Cataract, Cannae, Hatebreed, Shadows Fall