The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

What I heard from Deeds of Flesh was cool.
I'm beginning to soften on Amoral. Decrowning has been upgraded to okay. Gonna need a couple more listens to decide where I stand.

Infinitism-cover-image-smal.jpg

This is really impressing me. Progressive psy/goa trance, possibly the best proggy stuff I've heard. Kind of dark too.

Yeah, I just searched the album name and found out what it was. I'm currently listening to one of the samples and it sounds good so far, will look into it.

Chi-A.D. is sounding interesting thusfar, though the first thing I clicked on is not something from that particular album...

wainds... why ONLY 'Perfect Man' out of 16 studio albums? I like it, but it has too many tracks (a little more filler than usual), Peavy's voice doesn't sound as focused as on other stuff, and a lot of vocal melodies just aren't that strong. What about 'Execution Guaranteed', the one right before it, which IMO is the better one out of that 'era' ?

It's pretty awesome, It's long as most psy/goa trance is but I haven't gotten bored of it at all!

I know what you mean, it's not easy to make trance songs nine minutes long and keeping interesting. What other good goa trance have you listened to man? So far i've been enjoying Infected Mushroom, Electric Universe and Astral Projection.

I'm not really a big IM fan to be honest, even their older work. It's OK but yeah, meh.

Anyway, I've been digging Jirah a lot (especially "A Pure Moment" and his first album Outer Access), I like Dimension 5, early Juno Reactor (have only heard Transmissions so far since I heard it's one of the best/most revered in the genre), Astrix and Time Lock.

Supershine's s/t is excellent. But I'm realizing I don't really understand where the line is between hard rock and stoner doom; MA lists this as the latter, but to me it sounds like really heavy hard rock with plenty of metal thrown in.

wainds... why ONLY 'Perfect Man' out of 16 studio albums? I like it, but it has too many tracks (a little more filler than usual), Peavy's voice doesn't sound as focused as on other stuff, and a lot of vocal melodies just aren't that strong. What about 'Execution Guaranteed', the one right before it, which IMO is the better one out of that 'era' ?

didn't mean to imply the others are bad, just that i'm not familiar enough to say if they're good. i have actually heard most of their albums and none of them jumped out at me, but that's not exactly a comprehensive opinion. i'll revisit 'execution guaranteed'.