The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Well, at least there was some real clash on a musical topic but that's fine. I'll stop. I am trying to become a better poster. :Smug:

I realize that these guys aren't the most widely-liked band on this forum, but I've really been enjoying Equilibrium lately. I cannot stop playing this song in my car:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrMclZovh_o&feature=related[/ame]

At 4:24 there is what has to be one of the most epic passages in a song that I've ever heard.

Dømkirke is such an excellent record. Glad I got around to checking it out, though sadly I had to have it on MP3s it haha. My vinyl record player broke. Fuck second-hand shit. It was a high quality rip from a friend though.

I am amazed how well Attila can really get his vocals to be that powerful. The organs are also a nice touch, and the riffs are actually faster and much more musically based instead of being really drone and ambient.

I realize that these guys aren't the most widely-liked band on this forum, but I've really been enjoying Equilibrium lately. I cannot stop playing this song in my car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrMclZovh_o&feature=related

At 4:24 there is what has to be one of the most epic passages in a song that I've ever heard.

tbh that song was pretty good but that section you mentioned sounded terrible; really, really gay keyboards and that was more or less it. I only like gay keyboards in power metal; power metal is allowed to be gay. Any sort of extreme metal must be so fucking manly that the members are at risk of smothering in their own chest hair.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I'm talking about the part where the vocals get really deep. Immediately after that part there is a keyboard solo, which I agree seriously hinders the ballsiness of the song; but the part I'm referencing is the epic part before the keyboard solo, with the choirs and orchestra in the background.

And it's not gay; it's far from gay. It might be cheesy, but not gay. And in all honesty, Equilibrium has a lot in common with power metal except for the harsh vocals.

I listened from 4:24; growls over keyboards. Yeah, those keyboards are gay. Like, if you put them next to each other and leave the room when you come back one keyboard is all over the other one's footswitch.

I haven't listened to much equilibrium, but to me power metal with harsh vocals nearly always sucks.

Well, I just disagree. The chord progression is epic, and the keys don't sound all that fake. To me, it's just epic bombast with a fucking Germanic barbarian screaming at his horde. But if you think it's gay, that's cool.

I really fucking love Therion. They're probably my favorite metal band of all time. And what's really frustrating is that I know someone else could do a lot of what they've done much better.

Why aren't there more goddamn symphonic metal bands out there that don't suck horse cock?

I really fucking love Therion. They're probably my favorite metal band of all time. And what's really frustrating is that I know someone else could do a lot of what they've done much better.

Why aren't there more goddamn symphonic metal bands out there that don't suck horse cock?

Dude, I'll drum and you play the symphony and we will make awesome metal.

I really love Therion, and symphonic metal in general. But like you said, lots of bands do it horribly. What other symphonic metal bands do you like?

None :lol:

I like the occasional song by Nightwish or Within Temptation, but of course they're both rather Disneyish, and not that great overall.

I've heard a little of Epica and Aesma Daeva, and they both seem to suck King Kong's Schlong.

And of course there's Dimmu (which rules) and Emperor (which I've never really gotten into).

I certainly haven't listened to that much symphonic metal though.