The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Was listening to Riders earlier. Very good; impressive technicality, but not wankery, cool melodies and catchy choruses without becoming gay, and throughout it all maintaining a driving thrash feel. How does From Your Grave compare? I'd hope it's a bit more death metal.

It is, I think with the exception of the title track on Riders, From Your Grave is a better album. TBH it's almost deathcoreish, but in a good way.

Sounds good. I'll try to pick it up next time I buy a bunch of shit from Amazon.

I'm digging Saprogenic right now. Lurking in the BDM thread ftw.

Saprogenic are awesome, it's too bad Ichneumonid (while still being decent) sucks compared to the debut, which is fucking amazing (evil tremolo riffs + slam = win).

Right now I'm digging this random find, Silent Kingdom...a Bosnian epic black/death band. Randomly checked them out because they were on a sale list of CDs I went on recently. Looks like I'll be ordering this.

Hi Matt

I don't think early next year or even later next year is too long to wait for a new Pagan Altar album, as I pretty much guarantee it will be amazing despite personnel changes.

Saprogenic are awesome, it's too bad Ichneumonid (while still being decent) sucks compared to the debut, which is fucking amazing (evil tremolo riffs + slam = win).

Right now I'm digging this random find, Silent Kingdom...a Bosnian epic black/death band. Randomly checked them out because they were on a sale list of CDs I went on recently. Looks like I'll be ordering this.

Myspace sounds promising (Silent Kingdom).

Indeed, I liked it. Really long but rewarding album with a lot going on and a bunch of good leads and riffs. Drum programming is weak, I'm sick of programmed-drums BM/DM bands kind of, but I can forgive it since the music was cool.

Okay then.

I recently heard the album Concealed from Augury. It's pretty epic technical death metal, and still pretty crushing. I don't normally take to this genre of metal, but I actually am enjoying this.