The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I have Misanthropic Carnage, its pretty brutal. I'm kinda suprised people dont talk about them more. First song I ever heard from the was Butchery of the Soul, that song is fucking killer.

I haven't listened to Severe Torture in a while but I remember them being kind of Suffocationy. Is that a good description?
I haven't really listened to enough Suffocation, so I'll let you be the judge:

Buried Hatchet from Sworn Vengeance

Unconditional Annihilation from Fall of the Despised

The part that comes in at 2:01...:worship:

Last edited by a moderator:
I fucking love Down. Been on a kick lately.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE
IIIIIIIIIIII haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate...
ILL DIE WITHIN MY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!

Fuck I wish I were driving down the road blasting that song at max volume right now.

I see it more as Pantera with maturity and actual emotional content. There's this whole vibe of "my life sucks and I'm drowning my sorrows cause I don't give a goddamn", and I think it works fantastically. Even if Anselmo's still a total meathead, he at least comes off as a meathead you can relate to somewhat in Down.

My favorite at the moment is "Pillars of Eternity". Massive fucking groovy as fuck riffs, and very satisfying vocals. I like how Anselmo doesn't go completely overboard with screams, but rather uses them to accent parts of the music.

(note: the audio here is not from the video footage, that's just a live performance that the poster tried to synch up with it)

Last edited by a moderator: