The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

So lately I've been taking naps after class (because I have to get up early and class is boring and I feel like a short nap), and I've been throwing on Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters to go along with it. Can anyone else recommend hypnotic, soothing stuff like the first song on Two Hunters? Or just really shoegaze-y black metal with nearly inaudible vocals.
Velvet Cacoon

Velvet Cacoon

Closer, but I'm looking for something more atmospheric than depressive. Keys are helpful. It's really the first song, Cleansing, that's what I want. I'm really not looking for dissonant arpeggio-based stuff.

But thanks, guys, it's okay. I'm gonna try some Agalloch tomorrow, see how that goes.

"The Mantle" is overall very relaxing, but perhaps a bit dark for sleeping.

Does it have to be metal? Tenhi are instrumental neofolk but also a bit dark for sleeping.

Thought i would post it in here since they get hate, but im fucking loving whitechapel a new era of corruption at the moment.
Awesome guitar tone, excellent coherant vocals and some sick mid paced grooves. They really did well on this album.
Bring the hate, i dont give a fuck.
Also been loving brutal truth- evolution through revolution and malevolent creation-Retribution

Vader- necropolis. To be honest i wasnt familiar with vader before this album, a mate got me on to them and this is the first album ive heard.
Been blasting it for the last couple of days, really cool stuff.

Peste Noire is blasting out of the headphones right now. Pretty awesome frenchie black that I've been listening to for a while, granted I know nothing about french more than sacre bleu and baguette, these guys know their area. The vocals alone have given me repeated eargasms.

Is here anybody to know the song in the background of this video ?

The sound is in low quality, but i like the song and I'll be grateful to know name of the song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on Chelsea Grin ('Desolation of Eden') and Obscura (Cosmogenesis). Chelsea Grin is one of the best deatchcore bands to come out this year, hands down!

Not heard too much deathcore this year, but I thought that album was allright too. Just a bit monotonous. Guess I have to give it another spin.
"Chelsea Grin" is one of the worst deathcore bands Ive ever heard. Its like a failed wannabe "Bring Me the Horizon" copying "Suicide Silence".

RAUNCHY_front_final2010.jpg

Man, im so looking forward to this!