The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm confused as to why you cant take 5 minutes to download the album, or hell, even buy it for all of $11.50 from amazon (or even the mp3 for the song from amazon for .99) instead of one of us uploading a single song and sending it to you.

/dick.

Hello everyone this is my first time here. CAn somebody please tell me what the thread is for becasue I didn't really understand?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the trouble.

I can say I like something from almost every genre of metal, though I tend to be picky about my music.
The exceptions would be '-core', raw black metal (Burzum seems to be the exception), never could get into mindless brutal death, doom is quite gay, also the vast majority of female soprano vocals (have nothing against normal or guttural singing) are on my instant fuck off list.

So far I have an affinity for melodic stuff, must be because of my old school/progressive metalhead childhood preference.
I also like the whole black metal/shoegaze sort of metal lately, like Alcest, Fen and the ultimate forum darling, Agalloch.

I with you on Fen and Agalloch, but "doom is quite gay"?? Pray tell, what doom do you refer to?

Rightly formulated 'doom is gay in my opinion'. I am talking about My Dying Bride, Anathema, November's Doom, Paradise Lost, Eyehategod, Crowbar and other bands of their ilk.
Though, since nothing is black and white, I am a Black Sabbath fan and i like some drone like Sunn O )), if you consider them doom.

I have nothing personal against anybody.
I find nothing impressive about those bands. I have friends that are crazy about them, I even saw some of them live, however they are not my cup of tea. Simple as that.

It's interesting you list those bands, because I wasn't thinking of any of them.

Have you ever checked out Candlemass, Pagan Altar, Doomsword, Solstice, While Heaven Wept or other epic doom bands?

I can say I like something from almost every genre of metal, though I tend to be picky about my music.
The exceptions would be '-core', raw black metal (Burzum seems to be the exception), never could get into mindless brutal death, doom is quite gay, also the vast majority of female soprano vocals (have nothing against normal or guttural singing) are on my instant fuck off list.

So far I have an affinity for melodic stuff, must be because of my old school/progressive metalhead childhood preference.
I also like the whole black metal/shoegaze sort of metal lately, like Alcest, Fen and the ultimate forum darling, Agalloch.

I could hit "Submit Reply" right now and that would pretty much be my post. I really don't have much to add.

I used to stick to mostly Melodic Death Metal, then I switched to Dissection styled Black Metal which I will probably go back to soon. Right now I am all about dark and depressive. I started it off with ColdWorld and Wolves in the Throneroom, but now I am burning through the French "Shoegaze" scene. I really like Fen as well. I just bought the compilation Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings, which I have fallen in love with. It's an acoustic compilation involving Vali, Ulver, Empyrium, Les Discrets, and many others.

Rightly formulated 'doom is gay in my opinion'. I am talking about My Dying Bride, Anathema, November's Doom, Paradise Lost, Eyehategod, Crowbar and other bands of their ilk.
Though, since nothing is black and white, I am a Black Sabbath fan and i like some drone like Sunn O )), if you consider them doom.

How anyone can actually like a Sunn O))) album is beyond my comprehension. I can dig droney stuff like Jesu, Earth, and Boris... but how Sunn has the fan base they do is bizarre to me. Honestly, I dont think they do. They just seem like a cool band to name drop and have some sort of hipster appeal.

Also, Eyehategod + Crowbar > you. Lumping "gothic" metal and sludge together was far gayer than any of the bands you listed anyway.

I own 3 Sunn albums and Dømkirke on gatefold DLP. I like them as a band, honestly. I prefer the early pure drone works most (I actually have a first-press copy of ØØ Void which is cool), though.

Then again I also have Earth - Earth 2 Super Low Frequency Version on DLP, as well.

It's interesting you list those bands, because I wasn't thinking of any of them.

Have you ever checked out Candlemass, Pagan Altar, Doomsword, Solstice, While Heaven Wept or other epic doom bands?

Well, when you say 'doom', these are the bands that automatically come to mind. These fall into the doom category to me. Candlemass and Doomsword are meh, Pagan Altar had some bearable songs (speaking of PA, Jex Thoth is pretty interesting, they did a split) and I remember While Heaven Wept having an OK song once... but it was just one.

Never heard of Solstice, don't feel particularly motivated to try it, but give me some song titles.

As for Sunn O)) it depends on my mood, don't always have the patience to listen. I'm not big on drone, but I like some Jesu and Earth songs as well.