The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

What's wrong with Finnish metal, guy from Finland? :p Aside from a bit too much poppyness in music, you've got some more than decent and diverse metal bands.

Well, here we got this term "Suomimetalli" (Finnish metal, or more appropriately "Finnmetal", which refers to these big Spinefarm-bands and all their countless bastard children. Also most stuff these kids in Ensiferum shirts and camo-pants listen to, especially the generic melodeath Finland is full of. We got quite a lot of good music here too, but Finland is mostly known for that Spineshit :erk:

But yeah, Finland has basically never beaten Sweden in terms of good music, expect maybe some styles of black metal.

I'd prefer kids in Ensiferum shirts any day, instead of a 'hipster' majority. I don't particularly dislike the melodic death finnish band, quite the contrary: they are very enjoyable to listen to, when needing to have a continuation from traditional heavy metal and power metal. :p

But in the same time, too much of anything is bad, this genre is starting to become stale and generic sounding. Anyways, you have nothing to worry about, metal 'trends' change in time, so it'll be over once something else happens and gains a majority of listeners.

I also have an Ensiferum T-shirt somewhere in my closet. Should wear it some time :lol:

Sadly for Necroraven, many Finnish bands he labels as shitty are enjoyed on this forum. For him it would be best to just refrain from posting stupid one-liners when the "Spineshit" is concerned.

Both Insomnium and Be'lakor are great, though out of these bands Be'lakor is probably better live. Both bands will also release an album within 10 months from now.

Sadly for Necroraven, many Finnish bands he labels as shitty are enjoyed on this forum. For him it would be best to just refrain from posting stupid one-liners when the "Spineshit" is concerned.

I haven't posted many "stupid one-liners" concerning Spineshit, as far as I know :rolleyes: This is a messageboard to discuss about music, negative and positive opinions. I just expressed my thoughts on shitty music Finland is known for.

But on topic: Opinions on new Sargeist or the band in general? Latest album was released last year, I think it's great, though doesn't quite top Satanic Black Devotion. Hopefully they'd play live again soon.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdl8AOmBw6Q&feature=related[/ame]

So the new Amon Amarth album was pretty disappointing. The production was fucking great, but overall it's one of their lesser efforts. On a number of the songs they made an effort to experiment a bit, and those songs almost without exception were the best, but about half the album is just phoning it in with generic Amon Amarth riffs that really aren't cutting it anymore. I've listened 4-5 times now and it's growing on me a bit, but only one song (Doom Over Dead Man) really belongs among their stone cold classics. Overall it's decent but not great. Totally worth picking up, though. It was $10 on preorder and includes a DVD with live performances of the first four albums in their entirety. That alone is more than worth the price of admission.
I'm hoping the reaction from the fans will push them to branch out with their sound a bit more and build on the successes here rather, but I can't say I'm particularly optimistic.

hey everyone i found this band at the red bull bedroom jam website, there called Death Warrant and if they get though the buzz chart stage they get into the festival chart stage and if they get through this then they get to play at download, sonisphere and a few other major festivals! but they need our help to get them there. Go to the link and vote them 5 stars! you dont have to register to vote but to leave comments you will have too. leaving comments will also help hugely. thanks

http://redbullbedroomjam.com/band/videos/desensitized-generation-1

What's all the hate on 90s Finnish dm? I love me some Demigod, Demilich, Adramelech, Abhorrence, hell the first couple Sentenced/Amorphis releases are very fucking great as well. Slumber of Sullen Eyes, Nespithe, Psychostasia, those are all great albums.