The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

This goodness will be out in early 2012. Artwork by Paul Romano.

thedevilsresolve.jpg

Take a listen to the Ep As the light fails by Bardiet, Free download with subscription to the mailing list. While you're there you can listen to the new taster track for their eagerly anticipated album.
www.bardiet.bandcamp.com
Regards

We are a metal forum and free band promotion site. Users can submit their music to our live radio and we will play it within 2-3 days. metal-mecca .com

I'm still loving Machinehead's latest album, I have it on repeat at work most of the time.

Every Time I Die. Can't wait for Ex-Lives. That stuff is just classy as fuck with those lyrics, those Southern riffs and that ridiculous groove. Not to mention those guys are hilarious and would probably be so much fun to tour with.

Guess I'll just continue to enjoy Kvelertak while I wait. Refreshing stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sup dudes. Got a question about metal and how people view it musicially

An old friend of mine teaches guitar in NYC. He's a big jazz fan.
I guess one of his students plays bass and he wanted to hear a metal band with a badass bass player.
So without thinking I told him Obscura and Hibria.
He listened to Obscura and said he liked the music but hated the vocals.
Which comes to my question.
When I listen to metal.. Death, black, whatever with non clean vocals, I focus on music first. The rhythm of the vocals last. I always focus on the drums and guitar.
Maybe because im a musician, or maybe it just happens.
Anyway. Do most people hear vocals first, and what do you guys hear first?

If vocals are comprehensible I typically give them some attention, if I can't understand them I tend to ignore them. I try to pay attention to everything, but for example if the drummer is just phoning it in then I'll pretty much ignore that.

Job For A Cowboy ‘’Demonocracy”
Out April 10, 2012

Returning with their strongest line up to date and armed with ‘Demonocracy’, nine tracks of seething aggression and potent disgust, Job For A Cowboy have never sounded hungrier.

jfac_demonocracy.jpg

Demonocracy roars to life it is wholly evident that this is a far tighter, meaner, and more musically accomplished beast that takes their signature sound to the next level. From the abrasive blast of opener "Children Of Deceit" to the disconcerting strains of "The Deity Misconception" or the brooding, epic closer "Tarnished Gluttony" everything is drenched in equal parts misanthropy and naked rage, and from start to finish they hold the listener by the throat.

Official JOB FOR A COWBOY:
http://www.jfacmetal.com
http://www.facebook.com/jobforacowboy
https://twitter.com/#!/jfacmetal

Sup dudes. Got a question about metal and how people view it musicially

An old friend of mine teaches guitar in NYC. He's a big jazz fan.
I guess one of his students plays bass and he wanted to hear a metal band with a badass bass player.
So without thinking I told him Obscura and Hibria.
He listened to Obscura and said he liked the music but hated the vocals.
Which comes to my question.
When I listen to metal.. Death, black, whatever with non clean vocals, I focus on music first. The rhythm of the vocals last. I always focus on the drums and guitar.
Maybe because im a musician, or maybe it just happens.
Anyway. Do most people hear vocals first, and what do you guys hear first?

I personally focus on the guitar and drums. I play guitar, and i often learn the riffs i hear, so when i listen, i always focus on them. The drums on the other hand, I'm not sure why. Don't get me wrong, lyrics and vocal style, i pay attention to and am interested in, but i tend to focus more on instruments, no matter what band or genre i'm listening to

Lately I have been listening to quite a bit of Averse Sefira, Deströyer 666 and Ares Kingdom. These are definitely all top-tier bands without question. I'd kill to see any of them live.