The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Eh, I guess. His music is badass punk through and through, that's all that really matters. Plus the man was psychotic on stage, he made late 60's and early 70's Iggy Pop look like Doris Day.

Eh, I guess. His music is badass punk through and through, that's all that really matters. Plus the man was psychotic on stage, he made late 60's and early 70's Iggy Pop look like Doris Day.

Maybe but in terms of music its tough to match the attitude of albums like Fun House and Raw Power.

Without dubiousness, yes. Iggy, although not as outright violent and dangerous as GG, was nuts in the early days himself as I'm sure you're aware, he'd jab pencils into his arms all the time and carved at his chest with a Bowie knife once, plus his crazy dancing and inventing crowd surfing and stage diving.

Well, there's that too of course. The Stooges and the MC5 essentially took garage rock, blues rock, and psychedelia and overdrove it to at the time unprecedented thresholds of intensity and velocity. Which paved the way for The New York Dolls to add the glam sleaze and cross-dressing to the mix. Then the Ramones all but reinvented the wheel, and the rest is history. G.G. basically added his own violent, mangled twist to that legacy in the 80's and 90's with his own amped up, vulgar, lo-fi sonic onslaught.

lately ive been listening to

Disarmonia Mundi - The Fragments of D-Generation
Withering Surface - Force The Pace
Arghoslent - Galloping Through The Battle Ruins
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Vintersorg - Cosmic Genesis
Finntroll - Nattfodd
Exhorder - Slaughter In The Vatican
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence
Nightwish - Once

thats not ALL im listening to, but those albums seem to be getting played more and more lately.
awesome! You get 100 bonus points for just mentioning Evergrey and Death Angel. Kudos to you!!

Fuck yes, i've had this album for a few years and it still owns me everytime I listen to it.

Glad to see alot of people getting into Deathspell Omega, excellent band.

What i've been listening to lately;

Bilskirnir - The Flame of Purification
Nehemah - Shadows of the Past
Haemoth - Vice, Suffering and Destruction
Satanic Warmaster - Opferblut
Dub Buk - Idu Na Wy!
Astrofaes - Heritage
Hate Forest - Purity
Blut Aus Nord - Ultima Thulee
Ad Hominem - A New Race For A New World
Veles - The Black Ravens Flew Again
Carnage - Dark Recollections
Massacra - Enjoy the Violence/Final Holocaust/Signs of the Decline
Nocturnus - Thresholds
Watchtower - Control and Resistance
God Macabre - The Winterlong
Watchtower owns the whole list. I'm not a big death/tech metal guy but Thresholds is a very interesting album. Need to get that.

I'm digging on
Big Wreck- Albatross
Stryper- Fallen ( yes, I'm being serious)
Riot- Immortal Soul
Necrophagist -Epitaph
Hangman's Crown- The Raven and the Dove ( I have no choice since I'm in the band and I have to make sure I got all the guitar rhythms and solos tight. Don't wanna suck when we play live. )