The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

One of the best bands of the 80's, Don is among my favorite singers, and George is among my favorite guitarists.
Damn, you're taste in music is great. George is a fav of mine too. People can say what they want about Don. Totally unique singer and the first 3 albums we're unfuckwithable. Classics. Back For the Attack was a different story . only 4 or 5 songs I like on that turd.

Safe as Milk I like more than Trout Mask Replica by 1000 times. But I've never been able to get into trout mask, besides Ella Guru which i absolutely loved the very first time I heard it
...hair pie

Safe as Milk I like more than Trout Mask Replica by 1000 times. But I've never been able to get into trout mask, besides Ella Guru which i absolutely loved the very first time I heard it
...hair pie
I prefer Trout Mask Replica 1000 times to Safe as Milk, but I see why you say that. They're both fantastic I reckon, just personal preference

Reactions: CiG
I started listening to Symphony X recently. The only Edge of Sanity album I thoroughly know is Purgatory Afterglow and I'm keen on it. I guess it'd be better if Crimson was divided into parts, it doesn't work for me as a 40 minute long song.

Reactions: Baroque
I started listening to Symphony X recently. The only Edge of Sanity album I thoroughly know is Purgatory Afterglow and I'm keen on it. I guess it'd be better if Crimson was divided into parts, it doesn't work for me as a 40 minute long song.

Yeah, it's something you sort of have to get used to. That being said, Purgatory Afterglow is amazing. Which Symphony X album have you been listening to lately?

I loved The Divine Wings of Tragedy, liked The Odyssey but have to revisit it. Iconoclast came in at random and it surprised me a lot; I heard it was one of their worse albums whereas the title track and The End of Innocence really do it for me.

A track that blows my mind every time is Out of the Ashes, I just love the chorus melody. It's so enchanting.

I loved The Divine Wings of Tragedy, liked The Odyssey but have to revisit it. Iconoclast came in at random and it surprised me a lot; I heard it was one of their worse albums whereas the title track and The End of Innocence really do it for me.

A track that blows my mind every time is Out of the Ashes, I just love the chorus melody. It's so enchanting.

Out of the Ashes is actually one of my favorite tracks as well. Some of Russell Allen's best vocals on that. As for the Symphony X as a whole, it's one of those bands that is so good that it doesn't drop in quality for a long time. Everything from Damnation Game to The Odyssey is fantastic.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Symphony X are pretty mindblowing, I've been listening to them all the time recently. The first album in particular is highly underrated.

One thing I will say though - they should stay clear of ballads. There are some redeeming features to this track, but the chorus... :puke:

Last edited:
Symphony X are pretty mindblowing, I've been listening to them all the time recently. The first album in particular is highly overrated.

One thing I will say though - they should stay clear of ballads. There are some redeeming features to this track, but the chorus... :puke:

All hail our lord and savior, Russell Allen.

Holy crap, that chorus really is as bad as I remember it being.

Last edited: