The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I checked out Inquisition before I saw them live a few weeks ago. Awesome on the albums, bored the crap out of me live.

Jungle Rot impressed me and I like the groovy, knuckledragger death metal so there's that.

So, Spotify is pretty amazing. I have discovered the following bands in the last several months as a result:

Quo Vadis
Brutality
Monstrosity
Sinister
Master
Benediction
Jungle Rot
Pyrexia
Inquisition
Carach Angren
Abysmal Dawn

all are awesome

The latest form Abysmal Dawn is pretty awesome. Is any of their earlier stuff as good?

Has anyone here checked out Gonin-ish from Japan?
They're on spotify and it is some weird but awesome stuff. For fans of Unexpect.

Rush is amazing. The only bad records this band did are Hold Your Fire and Presto. Even as 'bad' as they are, they are still enjoyable. I guess I should say not to the quality of what I think Rush should be. The verdict for me is still out on Clockwork Angels.

Check out very fresh video by this band - Black Diamond! Enjoy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
old newz but i neeed this!

ndgreen2.jpg

Reactions: JontRevolting
new member here.

heres my long standing favourite tunes

Iron monkey - boss keloid
electric wizrd - dopethrone
brutal truth - choice of a new generation
carcass - ruptured in purulence
berzerker - burnt or carcass cover tune
decapitated - post organic
wintersun - battle against time
sepultura - deperate cry

Reactions: Return to Serenity
Iron Maiden hit my young imagination like a ton of bricks when I was 12 and still to this day now that nothing seems to have the same luster as in my youth Iron Maiden still deliver, the old and the new. Favorite band forever and always.

Reactions: JontRevolting
Wildhoney is a great album, anyway.

Tiamat are a funny one for me. For years they've always hovered around the periphery of the dark metal scene that I pretty much got into in a big way years ago. 'Wildhoney' is a great album, but they really do have some excellent songs scattered through their other albums. I agree with the person who said they are 'chick music' - whatever that means it seems to somehow fit. Songs like 'Vote for Love' are fantastic and I really should get around to buying a few more.