The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

i cant seem to get enough of technical metal like martyr and theory in practice ... can someone recommend similar bands... oh, none of that brutal stuff please...

PS: ... yes, i have heard of atheist and cynic, and they're both great bands... other suggestions ?

-Thanks

Nocturnus! One of the greatest. The Key is the best but the second album is also very good.

Vox Stellarum said:
i cant seem to get enough of technical metal like martyr and theory in practice ... can someone recommend similar bands... oh, none of that brutal stuff please...

PS: ... yes, i have heard of atheist and cynic, and they're both great bands... other suggestions ?

-Thanks

Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients
Loudblast - Sublime Dementia
Atrocity - Longing For Death and Hallucinations
Liers In Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Cadaver - ...In Pains
Crypt Of Kerberos - World Of Myths

Vox Stellarum said:

-Thanks

Tried Capharnaum's Reality Only Fantasized?

Vox Stellarum said:

-Thanks

Hmmm....I kind of went at it from the other direction, loved Cryptopsy ("that brutal stuff"), and then got some Martyr. I still don't know Atheist and Cynic, though. I find it's not the "brutalness" that makes it more or less accessible really, but the production. Cryptopsy and Martyr both have excellent production......(at least on 'Hopeless Hopes' for Martyr, apparently the other one isn't that great or something with production).

Doomwatcher said:
Tried Capharnaum's Reality Only Fantasized?

yup... capharnaums awesome, although i dont really like matt's vocals... but an excellent album nevertheless.... i also like gorguts... and both happened to be Dan Mongrains bands... that guys a genius

Barking Pumpkin said:
Hmmm....I kind of went at it from the other direction, loved Cryptopsy ("that brutal stuff"), and then got some Martyr. I still don't know Atheist and Cynic, though. I find it's not the "brutalness" that makes it more or less accessible really, but the production. Cryptopsy and Martyr both have excellent production......(at least on 'Hopeless Hopes' for Martyr, apparently the other one isn't that great or something with production).

the production on martyr's second album is really good, and as an album i'd rate it higher than Hopeless Hopes... u shld really check out atheist and cynic... although Martyr owns them anyday...

Theres a band in my 'local scene' (bangalore, India ) called extinct reflexions... they play amazing technical death.. and shld be recording some stuff soon... i will put it up as soon as i can...

cheers.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
QUESTION

I found a Liers In Wait album at RRR that ISN'T Spiritually Uncontrolled Art. WHAT IS IT.

That's their only official release from what I know, though they were on a "Slatanic Slaughter" compilation CD as well I think. So I dunno. :err:

No there is another one there...not that. I am tempted to buy it (only 8 bucks like everything in that particular section), but it might be a bootleg or something, and I don't support bootlegs...