The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I second the Carnage recommendation.

Decadent, I specifically recommend the following (judging by what you listed and by what just plain rules)

Bloodstone(Swe) - Hour Of The Gate
Brutality - Screams Of Anguish
Cadaver - ...In Pains
Creepmime - Shadows
Crematory(Swe) - Denial
Crypt Of Kerberos - World Of Myths
Darkified - A Dance On The Grave
Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes
Dominus(Dnk) - View To The Dim
Epitaph(Swe) - Seeming Salvation
Fleshcrawl - Descend Into The Absurd
God Macabre - The Winterlong
Grave - Into The Grave
Liers In Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Miasma - Changes
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Pavor - A Pale Debilitating Autumn
Seance - Fornever Laid To Rest
Seance - Saltrubbed Eyes
Sinister - Cross The Styx
Torchure - Beyond The Veil
Uncanny - Splenium For Nyktophobia
Unleashed - Shadows In The Deep

Décadent said:
I've been enjoying a lot of death metal lately, for the first time in my life. Namely the following:

Incantation
Bolt Thrower
Asphyx
Dismember
Entombed

Though I could probably sit tight with these bands, if any of you extreme-knowledgeables on the topic (*cough*Doomwatcher*cough*Somberlain*) want to recommend anything along these lines, go right ahead.

These might appeal to you.

Comecon - Converging conspiracies
Morgoth - Ressurrection Abusrd/The Eternal Fall
Rottrevore - Iniquitous

I like Bolt Thrower too, but I can't find any songs to download from them. Could somebody help me out? I namely want "Inside the Wire" and any others will be appreciated, too.

Been in one of those funks where I only listen to four bands. Happens about once a year for a couple weeks. They typically are the same every year.

Beatles
Devin Townsend
Strapping Young Lad
Opeth

Waiting for something to strike me, but I can usaully count on these four to tide me over.

I was listening to Mercyful Fate "9" this morning, who likes that cd, I think its decent but some of the lyrics are cheesy, and since you can hear them clearly it takes away from the great musicianship.

I've been into Evoken, Pantheist, and Monolithe lately. Epic stuff.
Has anybody heard Monolithe II yet?

Banned said:
I've been into Evoken, Pantheist, and Monolithe lately. Epic stuff.
Has anybody heard Monolithe II yet?
Quietus is fucking great. It's the definition of atmosphere. I really should listen to it more.

Christie_fell said:
Crypt Of Kerberos - World Of Myths is excellent. Also been listening to Searing Meadows.

Unknown: Still not getting into it. Sorry

I expected it. no worries

checking into a new band called Carpathia. One of the former Empyrium members is in it, so I'm expecting something decent...I'll get back to you guys on it.

That band I posted a thread about a while back, Gatekeeper (the local death metal band), is playing a show here in LA with DECAPITATED. It's gonna be so fucking awesome.

Devin Townsend 'Synchestra' tracklisting released......out in early 2006. I'm definitely happy. And Devin says they're going to do a real tour for this one.