The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Barking Pumpkin said:
Devin Townsend 'Synchestra' tracklisting released......out in early 2006. I'm definitely happy. And Devin says they're going to do a real tour for this one.

Do you have a website with this info or did you get it from Hevydevy.com? I'm glad I'm not the only one scratchin to hear this!

hollowgod said:
Do you have a website with this info or did you get it from Hevydevy.com? I'm glad I'm not the only one scratchin to hear this!

It's on the Hevy Devy news page. But I got it from the Inside Out Records news page where the information is also. Also photos from recording at the hevydevy forums.

I just can't deny their fucking energy. They rock damn fucking hard. Of course, I've always liked Eternal Death, but I downloaded Hell Is Here and Deathrace King after having grown bored of their last two some time ago, and while they do have some duds per album, they're just a fun band.

Dodens Grav said:
I just can't deny their fucking energy. They rock damn fucking hard. Of course, I've always liked Eternal Death, but I downloaded Hell Is Here and Deathrace King after having grown bored of their last two some time ago, and while they do have some duds per album, they're just a fun band.

I always knew you were a closet Crown fan.

I never denied it, even though the situation never really brought itself up. I don't consider them Thrash though. I think that has a lot to do with why people don't like them, actually. Either they just hate the idea without ever listening, or they go in expecting Thrash, and then they don't get it. That's what Ultra Boris from M-A does. Just read his reviews for Absu's Tara and The Crown's Crowned In Terror.

Dodens Grav said:
I never denied it, even though the situation never really brought itself up. I don't consider them Thrash though. I think that has a lot to do with why people don't like them, actually. Either they just hate the idea without ever listening, or they go in expecting Thrash, and then they don't get it. That's what Ultra Boris from M-A does. Just read his reviews for Absu's Tara and The Crown's Crowned In Terror.

I don't agree with lumping The Crown in the same group of "Gothenburg" as Arch Enemy and In Flames.

Somberlain said:
I enjoy the first three albums by The Crown, with Eternal Death easily being the highlight.

What about Deathrace King? It's considerably more straightforward, but songs like Deathexplosion and Back From The Grave are bloody excellent in my book.

And I agree with Bloodstone as well, but I doubt I'll ever actually be able to obtain a copy, unfortunately...

Edgecrusher said:
I don't agree with lumping The Crown in the same group of "Gothenburg" as Arch Enemy and In Flames.

Nor do I, they sound distinctly different from the rest of the scene.

I just got a bunch of bathory cds from my neighbor. he was selling them for like 5 bucks at a garage sale, it was fucking awesome. I got Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart, Under the Sign of the Black Mark, and Blood on Ice. I especially like A Fine Day to Die and Through blod by Thunder.

I would say you have a kickass neighbor, but since he fucking SOLD his Bathory cds he's a faggot. Good on you, though.