The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

does the Dad plan on his kid never coming back from Iraq er something?

I thought devlab was a pretty bad album. Devin Townsend needs to stick with music and not stick his foot into ambient or noise.

You should rape him. Not in a gay way, but in an "I JUST FUCKING VIOLATED YOUR ASS BITCH" way.

Devin Townsend prefaced 'Devlab' with that it was not supposed to sound anything like DTB, and that lots of people would hate it. It wasn't even really a release, just sold through HevyDevy. I don't have it though.

Just to mention that if you didn't know. So it doesn't really have any relation to the upcoming album.

Dodens Grav said:
What about Deathrace King? It's considerably more straightforward, but songs like Deathexplosion and Back From The Grave are bloody excellent in my book.

I do enjoy its explosive energy from time to time, and a few years ago it would've topped any "best of" list I conjured. Nowadays I mostly find it boring, save for a few songs (The first four, Blitzkrieg Witchcraft, Total Satan).

Little Rocker said:
I just got a bunch of bathory cds from my neighbor. he was selling them for like 5 bucks at a garage sale, it was fucking awesome. I got Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart, Under the Sign of the Black Mark, and Blood on Ice. I especially like A Fine Day to Die and Through blod by Thunder.
"Through Blood by Thunder" is on Twilight of the Gods and you didn't mention that one :confused:

Somberlain said:
I do enjoy its explosive energy from time to time, and a few years ago it would've topped any "best of" list I conjured. Nowadays I mostly find it boring, save for a few songs (The first four, Blitzkrieg Witchcraft, Total Satan).

Those songs and Rebel Angel I enjoy. That's the majority of the CD though, so I figure it's pretty good for me.

The Crown is fucking excellent, no matter what UltraBoris says! My favorite have always been "Deathrace King", with "Eternal Death" as a close second. Have anyone given Possessed 13 a proper listen yet? Was it better than "Crowned in Terror"? And as a final note: Has anyone heard that new band some of their members joined? Impious, I think...

Somberlain said:
I still can't stop listening to Bloodstone(Swe) - Hour Of The Gate. Difficult to find, but well fucking worth it. Swedish death metal of the highest order.

I have only heard the 1995 demo but from listening to that, I’m inclined to agree. The song “Burning Eye of Infinity” is definitely one of highlights in my opinion.

Crimson Velvet said:
The Crown is fucking excellent, no matter what UltraBoris says! My favorite have always been "Deathrace King", with "Eternal Death" as a close second. Have anyone given Possessed 13 a proper listen yet? Was it better than "Crowned in Terror"? And as a final note: Has anyone heard that new band some of their members joined? Impious, I think...

I listened to Possessed 13 last night, and to be honest, I quite enjoyed it. It's not much like their previous releases. It's much more laid back and catchy.