The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

mastodon is the only good metalcore band

Hardly, also Mastodon are sludge not metalcore.

Metalcore can be great, and this is just another one of those "I am metalhead hear me roar" things where the ignorance of the metalhead crawls out and pushes their head up their ass.

no I meant mastodon is the only good popular metalcore band (and I would say mastodon is more progressive metal than anything else)

I know there are some good obscure metalcore bands - the popular stuff seems like shitty hardcore vocals + nu metal + a few crappy riffs thrown together haphazardly

Hardly, also Mastodon are sludge not metalcore.

Metalcore is great, and this is just another one of those "I am metalhead hear me roar" things where the ignorance of the metalhead crawls out and pushes their head up their ass.
And THIS is just another "I think I'm better than metalheads hear me roar" things where the arrogance crawls out. I don't care that you like metalcore, and bigdave sucks, but I am sick and tired of people (not just you) always ragging on the "stupid, ignorant metalhead" Sorry Mort, usually I have nothing against you, I'm just trying to make a point.

no I meant mastodon is the only good popular metalcore band (and I would say mastodon is more progressive metal than anything else)

I know there are some good obscure metalcore bands - the popular stuff seems like shitty hardcore vocals + nu metal + a few crappy riffs thrown together haphazardly

Between The Buried and Me is quite popular and fucking fantastic at that. If you've not heard them check out their album Alaska.

Yeah, most radiocore is shit though.

people like scott evil are the ones who perpetuate the stereotype of the absurdly ignorant, narrow minded metalheads

one of his fantastic posts on bb.com

"quality progressive metal = oxymoron. progressive metal and progressive rock is softcock music. It is for softcock people who can't handle anything straight out of grind, death, or black metal."

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried

And THIS is just another "I think I'm better than metalheads hear me roar" things where the arrogance crawls out. I don't care that you like metalcore, and bigdave sucks, but I am sick and tired of people (not just you) always ragging on the "stupid, ignorant metalhead" Sorry Mort, usually I have nothing against you, I'm just trying to make a point.

You mean like Spectacular Views?

Haha, I don't care about the "stupid, ignorant" stereotype that metalheads get as I know it isn't true alot of the time but when it comes to music outside of metal (especially -core related genres and rap) I see many of them making uneducated assumptions about the genre(s) and it being represented by the media bitches of the genre.

I do get your point though.

I like a lot of progmetal, heavy metal

I have recently gotten into melodic death metal, epic doom metal, a LOT OF DOOM METAL.
Folk, Black, Doom, Viking haha
A lot of things

Ensiferum
My Dying Bride
Anathema
Opeth
Amon Amarth
Wintersun
Paradise Lost
Doomsword

\m/

seriously guy read this to get some sort of understanding of the astounding ignorance of scott evil (AKA itchy nads)

"quality progressive metal = oxymoron. progressive metal and progressive rock is softcock music. It is for softcock people who can't handle anything straight out of grind, death, or black metal."

let's start another discussion...

what is the greatest headbanging song for you??

for me, silent scream by slayer induces just uncontrollable, relentless headbanging

Disgorge(USA) - Enthroned Abominations
Ulcerate - Scorned the Dethroned
Deicide - Lunatic of God's Creation/Trifixion
Sinate - Last War

All are good headbanging songs for me.

I like a lot of progmetal, heavy metal

I have recently gotten into melodic death metal, epic doom metal, a LOT OF DOOM METAL.
Folk, Black, Doom, Viking haha
A lot of things

Ensiferum
My Dying Bride
Anathema
Opeth
Amon Amarth
Wintersun
Paradise Lost
Doomsword

\m/

Ensiferum=Fun.
You don't hear them brought up much on here though.
:/

people like scott evil are the ones who perpetuate the stereotype of the absurdly ignorant, narrow minded metalheads

one of his fantastic posts on bb.com

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried

to be honest, I don't care for any prog/power metal at all.