The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

FINALLY

Evocation
New Album!
As you all know, we're releasing a new album the 27th of April, entitled "Tales from the Tomb".
The album will contain intro, 9 brand new death tracks, 1 cover and 1 remake of an old Evocation song.
The coverart is made by none less then Dan "the man" Seagrave.
There's also a guest appearence by Gustav Jorde, ex-Defleshed.

I just came.

Guess who's got the promo on its way to review ? :Smug:

Brutal Death really is not that heavy at all in comparison to a band like Warning or other equally crushing doom acts.

I think what defines Brutal is an absolutely relentless onslaught of gutteral vocals, hyper blasts on top of more blasts, and lightning fast guitar riffs. All this stuff isn't necessarily very heavy though.

so if a song had all those elements it would be 'brutal' but not necessarily 'heavy?' :Smug:

Since I'm new I guess I'll talk about some shit.

I like mah Prog-magic. I used to WORSHIP DT but I drifted away after I got into Symphony X. I prefer a male vocalist.

I'm starting to get back into melodic death after I played Silence Calls the Storm after a 2 year drought. The drums gave me eargasms.

Currently waiting patiently for Ghost Opera and Paradise Lost. DA END. o_O

Brutal Death really is not that heavy at all in comparison to a band like Warning or other equally crushing doom acts.

I think what defines Brutal is an absolutely relentless onslaught of gutteral vocals, hyper blasts on top of more blasts, and lightning fast guitar riffs. All this stuff isn't necessarily very heavy though.

Brutal death metal as I see it (and I'm a gigantic fan as you all know) can be divided up into two loose styles:

New York and Texas (California is gaining prominence also, but it's not yet completely different from NY).

Texas usually deals with the slammier, less technical/complicated side of things. In other words, TXDM = crushingly excessive and simplistic. NYDM stuff often crosses over into "non-brutal" death metal such as with Immolation who are arguably brutal and have been ALWAYS...as such, it features less focus on extreme gutturals, less slams (including perhaps some tremolo), and varied fast and slow (whereas TXDM is often invariably slow and methodical). Hopefully this kinda clarifies BDM for you.

The band Saprogenic, by the way (on the first disc, particularly), are the absolute best example of a combination of TX and NY brutal death maybe ever. Enjoy.

so if a song had all those elements it would be 'brutal' but not necessarily 'heavy?' :Smug:

Basically. To me speed and low tuned guitar riffs do not necessarily equate to being that heavy. At least when compared to uncompromising heaviness from good Doom metal bands. On their own I guess their heavy to some extent though.

I really, really like both Anthrax - The Sound of White Noise and Stomp 442. I don't see a lot of love for these fine albums, but to be honest, I think they're great metal albums, even though they are (rather lightly) touched by the brush of alterno-rock.

Anyone else like them ?

Hey guys, I just listened to most of Wintersun's debut album but my friend and I are having trouble trying to label this music. I'm a bit confused where Wintersun fits in the metal scene? To be quite honest, I felt they're a technical death metal band but then again, their lyrics don't seem so evil rather they are about winter and cold stuff. What do you think? winter metal?

Anyone care to explain? oh btw, Did you like Wintersun's debut album? anyways? Believe it or not, my friend initially thought these guys were Children of Bodom!

HEY OHIOGRINDER, GOOD NEWS

Nuclear War Now! is finally getting around to the reissue Of Blasphemy - Fallen Angel Of Doom. CD goes to press in May, vinyl later.

Fuckin' A. :kickass:

You mean like they already did? King Fowley did that a long time ago on his Old Metal Records label. I don't know if Tim still has it though.

i really enjoy pre sacrament lamb of god i think ashes of the wake is a great Cd what do you guys think about the old lamb of god? did anyone prefer when they where burn the priest over what theyve done since?