The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Good call on october Tide, I generally don't like death-doom, but Grey Dawn is just brilliant.

I'm really liking this style doom death lately. It's heavily melodic but the melodies/harmonies are not flowery and still dark sounding and pessimistic. I have always liked harmonies over rythmn guitars it's just a matter of hearing the right albums to appreciate them.

the new Trauma sounds great, Q: how does their earlier stuff figure compared to this album?

martyr - "hopeless hopes" is fucking AMAZING, wow awesome prog/tech death

songwriting is every bit as good as the musicianship. Get this album if you want to hear technical (but not overly so) death metal with alot of emotion and phenomenal song-writing

Unholy Cult is quickly becoming my favorite Immolation album.
The drums aren't as overbearing in the mix as they are on Close to a World Below and the songs are more brooding and varied too. Great stuff.

I'm really liking this style doom death lately. It's heavily melodic but the melodies/harmonies are not flowery and still dark sounding and pessimistic. I have always liked harmonies over rythmn guitars it's just a matter of hearing the right albums to appreciate them.

You need to hear The Knell - Harm.

Awesome Doom/Death on totalrust records. Fo' real, nigga.:kickass:

martyr - "hopeless hopes" is fucking AMAZING, wow awesome prog/tech death

songwriting is every bit as good as the musicianship. Get this album if you want to hear technical (but not overly so) death metal with alot of emotion and phenomenal song-writing

More like no emotion and horrible song writing, seriously boring as fuck and not evocative at all.

Nope, not even remotely kidding you.

If you want tech. death that is fun to listen to and conveys emotions better than a robot, check out Pavor - Furioso.

Motherfuck... I just gave myself a brutal death metal education. I've listened to some of it, but never really caught on until now. It feels like I've been nailed to the wall and had my face ripped off and dammit I want MORE!!!

(Nile, Behemoth, and Glass Casket were the choice bands, btw)

lol I'm stoned. :Smokin:

Brutal Death is rubbish for the most part.

Also, Mirrorthrone are decent though nothing overly spectacular.