The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm listening to Emperor's Wrath of Tyrant and... is it meant to sound like it's been recorded with the mic on a first generation camera phone, onto a cassette tape which has been sitting in the antarctic for 200 hundred fucking years? Wow...

I just listened to the track on Demigod's myspace from their album to be realeased on May 30th. It's really quite bad.

This is horrible. It's so fucking bad modern DM (reminds me of Vader, but really bad instead of just average) - I mean I liked Shadow Mechanics even, but fuck this is intolerable.

I'm listening to Emperor's Wrath of Tyrant and... is it meant to sound like it's been recorded with the mic on a first generation camera phone, onto a cassette tape which has been sitting in the antarctic for 200 hundred fucking years? Wow...

It sounds fine to me. Perhaps you are not used to black metal?

I just listened to the track on Demigod's myspace from their album to be released on May 30th. It's really quite bad.

I agree. I actually did not have any expectations regardless so was not let down.

Let me add October Tide-grey dawn is great.

I wasn't really expecting it to be good, but that was even worse than I thought. They've gone from not very good to awful.

Good call on october Tide, I generally don't like death-doom, but Grey Dawn is just brilliant.

Please learn about things you talk of.

Just listened to Thousand Swords for the second time and am still trying to digest it. It's certainly a hard album to get into but it's slowly growing on me.

MOL, is that your band in your sig? Sounding real good there. I like the second song.
Yeah. That's probably the strongest song from a compositional standpoint. It's well put together. Should sound even better when vocals and bass are added and some mixing is done. The working title for the song was Hate Forest, since that's what the first riff is sort of like. Then it goes into some Agalloch-ish parts.

Unfortunately, there probably won't be any new songs until the summer when I'm out of school.