The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Okay, so a while back I mentioned how I didn't like At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours. I then decided to give it another chance and liked it a bit. I'm now listening to it again and absolutely fucking am amazing by it.

:kickass:

anyone want to talk about Nightrage's first two albums, particularly the debut Sweet Vengence? They don't get a lot of discussion on here...I think the 1st two albums are awesome examples of melodic death metal done correctly. Thomas Lindberg's vocals kill everything, as usual, and the guitar interplay between Marios and Gus G. is awesome. Songs like The Tremor are just brutal, thrashy riff fests while a good chunk of the stuff is mid-tempo but still crushingly heavy.

Anyone like these albums? the new one isnt nearly as good as the older ones...the new singer makes the band really sound bland and blend into the whole metalcore scene unfortunately. thomas and gus and the original drummer have all left the band.

Okay, so a while back I mentioned how I didn't like At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours. I then decided to give it another chance and liked it a bit. I'm now listening to it again and absolutely fucking am amazing by it.

I recently sold Slaughter of the Soul but I'm still holding onto Suicidal Final Art which has like half of both TRITSIO and WFIKTBD. I've never gotten into ATG's "good" stuff, but I guess the sunlight studios production is a turnoff for me.

Same with me. I really didn't like it at all the first time I heard it; it was the last At The Gates album I heard and I went into it expecting some clean, polished melodeath and instead got a raw, semi-melodic death metal beast. I didn't like it. Then a few months ago I was in the mood for some good death metal and gave it a spin expecting something different, and was amazed.

That is one of those albums that definitley takes more than one listen to appreciate at all.

Anyone else really like the new Novembers Doom album The Novella Reservoir ?. I recomend it.

I was actually quite bored by it - I like their previous material but not that one too much. It does have some good moments though.