the title "Quiet Place"

AlphaTemplar

Morgan Freeman
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
A friend of mine who has spent some time in a mental hospital told me "the quiet place" is what they called the solitary confinement room. Just a thought

I figured it was an allusion to the secret dark alley where Anders and his homo boyfriend Raúl go for some rectum recess.

your constant flaming is gettin old.
If you dont like in flames, dont post in the forums.
I figured the quiet place was just a place you go to get away from the everyday bs from people.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I do like In Flames. I don't like N*FLAMZ.
I dont like N*Flamz either, I like in flames.
Just accept that they no longer wanted to play death metal.
You listen to some bands which aren't exactly tr00 either, so you outa stfu. :rolleyes:

What does tr00ness have to do with anything? The band is releasing shit and trying to hide the fact with a jewel case and a lot of attitude.

They don't have to play death metal. If they want to play Korn-influenced techno-alt-pop, let them. But why must they do it so shittily?

anonymousnick2001 said:
What does tr00ness have to do with anything? The band is releasing shit and trying to hide the fact with a jewel case and a lot of attitude.

They don't have to play death metal. If they want to play Korn-influenced techno-alt-pop, let them. But why must they do it so shittily?
Yes they do, they started out as a melodic death metal band, therefore when they stray from it, they are no longer true, and anders doesn't give a shit what the true fans(pre R2R.. go back further.. pre clayman) think, so he can fuck off.

Why should they keep sticking to the same style if they don't want to play it anymore? If they kept trying to play melodic DM they'd probably be churning out second rate hack versions of Whoracle and Colony and you'd be bitching about that (and rightfully so). These releases would be hacky because their heart isn't based in that style of music anymore.

Artists have to stay true to their own vision, and unfortunately In Flames' vision these days is represented by STYE, they've said as much in interviews. It is an unfortunate state of affairs but that's how it is.

Devilicus said:
Artists have to stay true to their own vision, and unfortunately In Flames' vision these days is represented by STYE, they've said as much in interviews. It is an unfortunate state of affairs but that's how it is.
I agree...but it doesn't mean that I have to stop bitching!

Presumably it's obvious that the vision of a group of 5 people in 1993 can be slightly different to a group of 5 people in 2005, especially if only one of the original group remains.