the "tour review thread"

I posted this same review over on the In Flames forum, and I'm getting flammed big time for it.

I think everyone needs to get Anders' jock strap out of their mouths and face the truth.

IN FLAMES fucking sold out!!!!

Vance

So, one of my friends who was supposed to go the Cleveland show with me (of course, the one who was providing the car and driving abilities) just bailed. My mom is being kind of anal and she wants me to go with someone who can drive...that is, IF she lets me take her car. This sucks so hard.

Wonders At Your Feet
The Treason Wall
White Noise, Black Silence
The Sun Fired Blanks
Haven
Monochromatic Stains
Punish My Heaven
Final Resistance

The setlist was in a different order i think in the middle....Dammit!! But, they did play all those songs!! What a show!!! I can die happy now ladies and Gentlemen! ;)

Sorry if anyone really hates this post, but I wasn't sure how/where else to post this...

Due to some last minute travel plans (by a friend & his wife) and my girlfriend's new job, I'm left holding 3 tickets for the IF/DT/Sentenced show @ Birch Hill this coming Friday night, Sept. 27th.

I only need my 3 tickets, so I have 3 more. I'd be more than willing to part with them for $20 each (which eliminates some of the TicketBastard charges), I'd just hate for them to go to waste. It will be no problem for me to get the tickets to whomever wants them (meet at the show beforehand, overnight delivery, etc.), so if anyone at all is interested, email or PM me...

Danka.

Originally posted by mccumberv
I posted this same review over on the In Flames forum, and I'm getting flammed big time for it.

I think everyone needs to get Anders' jock strap out of their mouths and face the truth.

IN FLAMES fucking sold out!!!!

Vance

okay man, you seem to be logical and level headed, so, pray tell, what exactly IS "selling out" and how did In Flames go about doing said activity?
i've never been given a straight answer on this question, would appreciate your input, thanks.

I think selling out is changing your image or sound, or whatever, to make more money. Not to bad mouth my favorite band for over 5 years now, but with R2R they did just that, sold out.

Nick(I miss TJR :cry: :cry: )

as much as i find r2r simply tolerable (with the exception of "metaphor", which i love) and as much as i agree with nick's definition of selling out, i find it's questionable whether in flames did or not.
see, you seem to imply that any sudden change of image/sound in a direction you don't like is made with the purpose of making more money. i know in flames became more "nu-metal", and 99.9% of metallers are convinced this is trendy crap music for small kids, but i won't rule out the option that the guys in in flames actually like the stuff and veered towards it because they had no more ideas falling squarely into the "melodic death metal" genre.
i think before judging of a band's intentions some relevant proof is needed, such as bandmembers suddenly behaving in a way or saying things incompatible and incoherent with what they were doing/preaching before.

rahvin.

Hey everyone,
So, I just got back to Pittsburgh after a relatively long (although I'm sure many other people drove further) drive. The show was simply incredible. In fact, it was infuckingcredible. Sentenced opened, and I wasn't too excited to see them, but I ended up really enjoying their act...it was also not too long. Then DT came on and I was, of course, rather excited. If I recall correctly, they played (not necessarily in this order, but I'll try):
The Wonders at Your Feet
The Treason Wall
Punish My Heaven
Monochromatic Stains
Indifferent Suns
Hours Passed in Exile
The Sun Fired Blanks
Final Resistance
It was incredible. I was kind of depressed when it was over, though, so I kinda skipped Killswitch (sat in the room outside the stage-area). I came back for In Flames, which I wasn't too excited about after the DT performance (and after seeing them twice), but they still kicked ass, as usual. Their set was very long, which I appreciate, although it is getting kind of repetitive. I was glad to see Dark Tranquillity watching most of the In Flames act, and Anders (Friden, of course) pointed them out a few times which was cool. In Flames seemed very excited to be playing with Dark Tranquillity, and just in general. Plus, I got a chance to say hi to Mikael and Anders (Jivarp), who both signed my Damage Done book. I think I speak for everyone in saying that we're really glad to have DT in the US and we hope that they come back.

Man, this was really a great evening.

@whoeverAskedAboutTShirts: Sorry if this was already answered, but, yes, they were selling the shirts on the webpage and also a Damage Done shirt which was pretty awesome (got mine signed by Martin...score).

@AmericanAlexi: I think I saw you at the show, but I'm not sure. Were you wearing the Jester Head shirt and talking to some kid with a The Crown shirt on by chance?

That was me! Fuckin killer show. Singing the lyrics along with Mikael to Punish My Heaven was unreal.

Afterwards, we went back by the buses, and hung out with Mikael for a little while. Really cool guy...fellow Rush fan :headbang:
He drew Bjorn from In Flames' tattoo on my arm with a sharpie, after I told him about meeting Bjorn and resembling him. :lol:

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE WHO HAS MET DARK TRANQUILLITY ASKED THEM WHEN THEY WILL BE COMMING TO THE U.S. AGAIN TO DO A MUCH NEEDED FULL AMERICAN TOUR? THE SAME QUESTION GOES FOR SENTENCED.

All sounds cool...

And I agree with rahvin - while it sounds like selling out, I'm prepared to accept that the band just felt like a change, particularly as they've always fitted squarely into Melodic death before...

Here's some pics from the Cleveland show!!!

inflames_004.JPG

inflames_006.JPG

inflames_010.JPG

inflames_016.JPG

Obviously, as you can see, we met up with Mikael after the show...really cool guy.

Aaahhhh, you guys got to see Punish My Heaven, Indifferent Suns, AND Hours Passed In Exile! Not fair!!! :eek:

Looks like they dropped Zodijackyl Light after the first show...

Mikael said that they would be coming back possibly before the end of the year and if not then, at least by January with Arch Enemy. I can't wait. He was the coolest guy. Really energetic, really happy to be doing what he was doing: kicking ass.

http://moneo.colonpee.com/images/inflames/ for the complete set of pictures. You can see Stanne's artwork on Bjorn Jr.'s arm pretty nicely.