The Video Game Thread

I certainly like it, stops me from playing other games though. :lol:

Not as obsessed as most people are, guy on my team at work NEVER stops talking about it. I try to change the conversation to something else then he changes it straight back. :mad:

Fine then, like your shitty games. Have you ever completed that first NES Ghostbusters game? Its impossible and full of bugs, games need to be challenging not impossible.

Real men play Contra!!

contra.jpg

fool! the nes ghostbusters 2 was fucking brilliant, and the ghostbusters on the amiga was brill, going round the square map trying stop zuul. awesome awesome games.

I still have it on the C64, I fucking love that game! On that version you got to play Space Invaders while the main game loaded too :D

you a WoW boay? my bf and friends keep trying to get me to start the trial then join, I'm apprehensive incase I get obsessed haha

A friend of mine failed his second year at uni because of that game. You have to appreciate that this guy should have been getting a 1st degree otherwise, for his final project in final year he went to the lecturers with an idea for a new audio compression format (MP3, WAV, etc.) and they told him that it was a PHD level project, but he did it anyway in 11 days. There's no way that guy should have failed anything, but WoW fucked him up. Also, you don't wanna end up like this:

I KNOW ALL THOSE WORDS BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANY OF THAT MEANS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN7W3-_uTQY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN7W3-_uTQY[/ame]

Just my 2 pence worth....:)

Anyone into X3 Terran Conflict and STALKER on the PC? Love both games for their use of atmosphere (lost count on how many times I've jumped playing STALKER! - I get so engrossed!) Used to be a massive fan of Elite way back in the day, then Frontier, so when I first saw the X games, I was hooked. The latest game in the series is the dogs! Just had a new update with some cool added features (oh and while I'm on the subject, checkout an indie developed game along the same lines - Evochron Legends, there's a ton of community mods to enhance the game)

As for my console gaming (PS3) I'm back on Burnout Paradise what with the Island finally making an appearance! Other than that I'll be on either Dead Space or Red Faction Guerrilla.

:kickass:

That's right bitches.

Talk about anything video Games.

If you have an Xbox 360 Live account post your username. Mine is 'Emperor Pooarms' (I'm not online much but wouldn't mind getting my ass kicked on Rainbow Six: Vegas)

What Games have you been playing recently? I've been Thrashing to the Darkness on the 360. Can't wait for Bioshock and Halo 3 (although I thought Halo 2 was gash)

OL!

The Darkness was one of the first FPS games I got for my PS3 (knew it would rock - same devs as the Riddick games)

I've been a fan of the graphic novels, so I thought how good would it be to play Jackie with those awesome powers!

:kickass: