The Vikings - will AA fans be watching?

Looks very hollywood-ised but could still be good I guess. I also very much like Byrne as an actor.

Ok I've seen the first 2 episodes now and I must say it's not bad! Like I suspected it's "hollywodised" i e dumbed down, and far from historically accurate, but many details aremore accurate than I would have expected. I don't think it claims to be entirely accurate either. That they "discover" the british isles is entire bullcrap ofc and that they just happen to run into lindisfarne by coincidence. On the other hand with stuff that we actually don't know much about, such as magic rituals etc I see no problem with some artistic freedom as long as it's in line with the stuff we actually DO know.

I have only seen the first episode and I'm happy so far. It did what it needed to do to keep me interested. I like Ragnar and his wife and son. I distrust Rollo and the earl is an ass. I appreciate how they are adding the mythology without making it too cheesy. Ragnar's vsions have been well done.

Though I like Gabriel Byrne I had envisioned a more stereotypical figure in that role. I would have preferred a character similar to Stellan Skarsgård's Cerdic of Wessex in King Arthur.

Looking forward to seeing episode 2 and a little more action! Episode 1 was good but kinda slow.

Episode 2 was great! I hope Vladimir Kulich's character sticks around for a while. He portrays one of the members of Ragnar's raiding party and is more viking than ever.

They should have used "The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves" as background as Ragnar's longship crossed the North Atlantic in a thunderstorm. That scene was epic!