The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Yeah. I don't mind the picturedisks, there's cool and I'd like to have one too, but since I'm just getting started I'm trying to get the non-pic discs as they sound better.

Bought a few vinyls after a dry spell today. Clutch - Earth Rocker and the 2nd press of Incantation - Diabolical Conquest on transparent dark blue with black splatter.

Is there a difference between pic discs and non? I never heard a moticeable difference personally.

That incantation vinyl looked fucking sweet. Post a pic of that if you can!

Is there a difference between pic discs and non? I never heard a moticeable difference personally.

That incantation vinyl looked fucking sweet. Post a pic of that if you can!

Definitely. My Amon Amarth pic disc, while sounding good in and of itself, has an offensive amount of surface noise. Way more than any regular vinyl I have, colored or otherwise.

Some pic discs will sound better than others, from what I've heard, but in general they aren't as good as regular vinyl.

I've got a pretty badass The County Medical Examiners vinyl inbound today. Might have to take a few pics before I put it away.

Badassery

wo2de.jpg

2ngg9zq.jpg

2d7v4og.jpg

probably my 2 most prized possesions
INCANTATION - Entrantment of Evil signed by John McEntee
2dhxw87.jpg

and SKELETONWITCH - Beyond the Permafrost 1st press TEST PRESS /14
(which is black vinyl in a plain white sleeve, pointless to upload pic)

a few months ago i picked up a copy of Venom's Nightmare picture disc (banned in 1985 for image) at my local bookstore for like $5. it ended up selling on eBay for about $150. nuts.
n69f90.jpg

I also picked up a copy of Bathory-The Black Mark which I can basically find no information on. I tried listing it on eBay and immediately received a message telling me to take the listing down or have my account banned. crazy. im not really a big fan of black metal but i guess im pretty stoked to have this. it opens on the left side instead of right and the back says "made in hell copy 500"
2lncleq.jpg

Sorry about the massive images =)