The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

I recently started to collect vinyls but this is what I latest got:
Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam black vinyl with poster
Behemoth - Demigod grey vinyl
Carach Angren - Lammendam brown vinyl
Entrails - Raging Death marble blue and black dust vinyl with poster
Caladan Brood - Echoes of Battle diehard package vinyl
Testament - Dark Roots of Earth splatter vinyl ltd. to 250 copies.

Cool man. Hey we love pictures of your stuff here too if you're bored.

I didn't even know that suffocation vinyl existed in black. I've seen orange, orange with black splatter and clear with green splatter.

I really want the DsO 7xLP box set with the poster and 60 page psalter. I think I'll buy it at some point, because even though its fucking expensive, it will be cheaper than buying all the discs individually.

Cool man. Hey we love pictures of your stuff here too if you're bored.

I didn't even know that suffocation vinyl existed in black. I've seen orange, orange with black splatter and clear with green splatter.

I'm actually traveling right now. Pictures may come on sunday when I get home and if I remember it!

I really want the DsO 7xLP box set with the poster and 60 page psalter. I think I'll buy it at some point, because even though its fucking expensive, it will be cheaper than buying all the discs individually.

I've got this. Might be interested in selling it actually.

What is in the psalter? I was wondering that when I saw they were releasing that package. And how much would you sell it for? I don't have that much expendable cash at the moment, but once I get a new job I might be interested in buying it.

The psalter is just lyrics, sadly. Probably would let it go for $150+ PayPal fee, IF located in the US.

Some more cool/rare stuff
2iktk4m.jpg

whf6nd.jpg

2e1uphc.jpg

A buddy of mine let me borrow some of his vinyl. Got Opeth's "Damnation", "Heritage", and "Watershed" albums, plus the 7" "Throat of Winter" single.

He also let me borrow Dir En Grey's "Uroboros". Never really listened to them much, so I'm interested to hear it.

I like Dir En Grey, not sure about that one in particular though. I've got pretty much all their stuff in my itunes from a buddy of mine who absolutely loves them, but I still have yet to work my way through it all. DSS was pretty killer for sure.

Amazon has a hell of a deal right now.

Sodom - Epitome of Torture DLP on clear red/black marble with three bonus tracks for $14.42 and a free mp3 version of the album.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFPX0WO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Hey, you will need turntable, receiver, speakers, possibly a preamp.
1. Get a vintage high end table probably can get a decent table for $50-$200. Depends on the stylus or cartridge. (this is the needle)
2. or Buy a new entry level audiophile table like Project or Rega P1 that will be closer to $500

3. You need a preamp to take the turntable to line level. (turntables are not like a cd and need a level boost)

4. You need a receiver and speakers. If you buy a vintage receiver it will have a phono input which means it has a preamp built in and you do not need the preamp. However most receivers today dont have a phono input. Some do though.

5. You need lots of vinyl. Expect to pay $20-$40 for new records. Also first press metal records will sell for alot more. However, you can get a lot of great classic rock and metal and jazz records for fairly cheap. I regularly buy records for $1 each at flea markets but prices for used vinyl is trending upwards.

6. You will need cleaning material such as a carbon fiber brush and lots of sleeves for your records because they get dusty easily.

Vinyl is a great world that is full of annoying things like dust and static but as long as you take care of your stuff and keep it clean you will enter a world that has a deep path.
Vinyl sounds amazing when everything is clean. The artwork is amazing and you also have something of value that should keep gaining.
I have been collecting records since about 2002 and it has been great. I have about 800 in total.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity