The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

I don't have this pressing of Symbolic that just came but I have the pressing from a few years ago. I think they are identical though.
I am not sure you will find a gatefold of Symbolic anytime soon but I believe their will be a Death vinyl box set at some point in the future.

I just purchased from Discogs seller Hypocrisy Abducted orange and Hypocrisy self titled and Merciless- the Awakening.

With symbolic being the only Death album really currently available on wax, I have to believe you're right there. I'd love a nice version of human and spiritual healing.

I guess I'm not so bothered about these fancy new gatefold pressings because I tend to prefer original, first presses (which were rarely gatefold)

I actually think the old way or doing double LPs was better. Single outer sleeve with each record having their own inner sleeve, with lyrics, artwork etc. Like Metallica's ...And Justice For All (that's one of my favourites, aesthetically).

EDIT: However, s'all good. Vinyl is vinyl and you rarely get a choice anyway! :loco:

Yeah, I would get that Suffocation and Soilwork if I didnt already have those records. The graveyard would be a nice score though. I have the cd but the LP probably sounds great.

I was thinking of the Graveyard record as well.

However the Grey color turned me away. Gonna hold out for a different press (and when I have money), Ive seen Hisingen Blues on some nice green splatters and even a nice pic disc. Im always a sucker for a nice picture disc.

I just recieved that Suffo along with the new Warbringer(gold vinyl).

Yesterday i put in a order for the Graveyard LP along with the new Municipal Waste, the milky clear Cathedral DLP and Entity from Origin.

These two came in a few days ago ...

CIMG2247_zps9c097619.jpg

CIMG2249_zps45a5ae03.jpg

CIMG2254_zps6782241a.jpg

CIMG2251_zps3fc8586b.jpg

I thought about those lps from nuclear blast and I realized I would just be buying them because they were cheap, not that I particularly wanted them.

bands really need to start releasing packs for those interested, so you can buy both mediums for a discounted price
I own a few records where they actually did that. The last "Social Distortion" album for example. If you buy the vinyl, you get the CD version in a paper sleeve inside the gatefold. The same with "Turisas - Stand up and fight".

@Gatefolds: I like them, although they take more room than "regular" LP sleeves. Some gatefolds are ridiculously thick.

This one for example:
http://www.discogs.com/Massemord-The-Madness-Tongue-Devouring-Juices-Of-Livid-Hope/release/3087548
It's just a single 12", but it's spine is thick like 5 regular LPs :yow:

But still, I like how they look.

Just got pale folklore on 180g double white vinyl. Can't wait to recur e this and I'm glad I didn't waste money on that ensiferum album
*receive wtf

Demilich's Facebook has the artwork for a vinyl box set coming out soon. I would post it but I'm on my phone. Prepare your erections.

I just received Carcass' Swansong FDR lp.

I already have Nespithe from Xtreem from a few years ago.

Im going to look into this box you speak about.

Fyrnask's Eldir Nott: Limited to 100.

8A563746-134C-4875-8B4B-5C564BF3AE40_zpsacngmauc.jpg

CF017F1D-1E0F-448B-A900-A1D50BFCF3E6_zpswkarl86w.jpg

DABDDC57-B290-4104-A7D7-8C8993909D0A_zpsfxuicz1t.jpg

1BB1A9D6-A74B-4979-B68E-B93591CE7F51_zps9z72og6b.jpg

One of the most beautiful records I've received. And right fully so, shit cost me over $50.

The work on the cover is really awesome. Made of thick cardboard with an embossed album art.

When I first opened it I thought there was a mistake because I got two different color vinyls, but it's supposed to be like that. I think it's badass. Love both colors.

I got the normal version. I actually ordered the limited and was charged for the limited, but receive the normal version. I'm fairly certain it was on time too because I ordered like 4 days prior to him saying on Facebook they were sold out. Oh well, such is life.