The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

and an autographed copy of Focus
f04vvc.png

148gdqs.png

Hey tnb, if you got that from relapse, their records are never sealed. He sends them that way to avoid seam splits. You should request it, honestly, when you buy vinyl online. Most distros will oblige.

Cool, thats good to know, i was about to return it thinking it was used or something ... it was an amazon pre-order though.

Also, i was thinking i would have gotten one of the colored vinyls since i had it pre-ordered, but received the black pressing .,.. don't really care though.

edit: Oh and what are seam splits? :D

Regarding pre-orders from Amazon. I have found most of the time it will be black or whatever the highest pressing color.

But Amazon is almost always cheaper. also I have ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon.co.uk shipped to the USA for cheaper than the regular amazon.com site.

This might not be the place to ask, but i've got a little bit of a problem you guys might be able to help me out with. The volume on my turntable dosnt get anywhere near as high as the radio/cd colume. It's hooked up to an old panasonic stereo. Is it maybe that the internal pre-amp in my TT isnt that good? Would getting an external preamp fix this or could it just be from my stereo/speakers?

This might not be the place to ask, but i've got a little bit of a problem you guys might be able to help me out with. The volume on my turntable dosnt get anywhere near as high as the radio/cd colume. It's hooked up to an old panasonic stereo. Is it maybe that the internal pre-amp in my TT isnt that good? Would getting an external preamp fix this or could it just be from my stereo/speakers?

What kind of turntable do you have? If it has a built in pre-amp, then it most likely has a phono and line setting. The line setting is the stronger of the two settings so, try that. If your turntable is like that anyway.

Yeah, I mean, I do have to turn the volume dial up on my amp half way + when playing LPs (and about 1/4 is usually fine for CDs) ...

Sweet, post a picture sometime. That's probably my favourite Defeated Sanity record, though I remember the new one being pretty sick... need to listen to it some more though.

Nice! I told a lie though, Psalms is my favourite... but yeah, great band. Probably the best brutal death act around (especially now Guttural Secrete are no more)

Regarding Pre-Amps. I have the cheap [ame="http://www.amazon.com/ART-II-Preamplifier-Outputs-Switchable/dp/B000AJR482/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383617242&sr=8-1&keywords=art+dj"]ArtDJ[/ame]
It is really amazing for the price.

Also on to vinyl; The Dissection reissues from the End Records have finally shipped after many delays.

Oh, I had no idea they were repressing them again! Not a big fan of picture discs myself, but they do look rather nice.

This is my Dissection collection (minus shirts)

Needoriginals.jpg

...I need a lot :lol: mainly originals

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity