The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Yup, we both know thats how it is. Bongripper sold out their colored copies already.

When I left the house this morning, I saw a record on my doorstep. Either the new Encoffination or Weedeater's God Luck and Good Speed.

Either way, stoked to open it and spin that shit.

Post pics Ozz! Its better that way :)

For instance:
0868C5CD-6103-4EF7-A554-C0CA9FE6CBA9_zpskkgzbqip.jpg

Can I offer a bit of advice?

Speaker placement is pretty crucial, imo and on the floor is almost the worst spot you could place em. Especially if they are butt up against the wall, which it looks like as well. The carpet will suck the sound, the back wall doesnt let the bass breathe, and the speakers arent at ear level.

A few general pointers, raise the speakers to ear level, get them atleast a foot away from the back wall, and make sure the speaker placement (from one another) is the same distance between as your placement when listening.

When I get home Ill try and find an article thatll explain more because your setup isnt like mine (just a left and right speaker) and the placement will be alittle more detailed.

Last point, Im assuming you mean speakers built into the turntable, yeah? If not, like the speakers are one the same table as your turntable, place them somewhere else because the vibrations from the speakers will affect how the needle glides on the record, especially at louder volumes.

Well I don't have much space in my room for a lot of that I could definitely mount them on the walls but space is limited there too. My room is the smallest of the two bedrooms. I could potentially put them next to the TV which would be roughly 18 inches from the floor. They are spaced equidistant from each other though

B8BE93B4-77C3-4790-8FC3-53E9A6298827_zpsqxwri6l7.jpg

F360BB0C-48C0-48C2-A50D-F820478C3FA5_zpsjvgkk3yd.jpg

Really pleased how this came out.

This was the album responsible for getting me into nasty sludge from the dirty south. Glad to finally own a copy, was worth the wait.

God is An Astronaut is post rock to me. So fucking good. I dont really have the coin to throw at that, though tempting, over some other things im eyeing up.

Yeah, definitely my favorite of the genre.

AiV,AiB is seriously one of my favorite albums of all time, and if it wasnt on a fucking cornflower baby blue, I would make it work somehow, but Im not fully feelin it...

But then I think about how long ive been waiting for a repress, and I might just do it...

Fuck.

Yeah so do I...Like those two Bongripper albums...That was my record fund for this paycheck...

Gonna sit on it and make a decision tonight.

That fucking blue though... :erk:

NWN is selling a lot of his personal records, and has some pretty sweet shit.

Got a Antediluvian Test Press that im stoked on because I tried scoring the Die Hard LP last year and after I checked out, got an email saying it was no longer available.

This is even better :)

NWN is proving to me he owns tons of garbage.

So I happened to catch a release on relapse's home page under new stuff and it was already removed, like that Incantation album. I'm really fucking hopeful for this one. Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka vinyl reissue. I have been looking for decent priced Nile wax since I started collecting vinyl, with no avail.

Garbage? Really? I wouldve bought so much other shit if I had the funds.

Keep the thread updated if they do. I wouldnt mind owning that or BSoV for nostaglic reasons.

Stoked to own this, not stoked on how he took care of the wax though, its a bit warped. So far no playing issues, but for $50...Come on now...

C7921F0A-4B00-47C4-93DE-BAEFFDC9C430_zpsbmhsagtq.jpg

#07/20