The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

I grabbed those! I'm surprised they didn't go instantly! I guess the price kept a few at bay! Yeah Blood Music are great! I hate to think how much that Emperor set is going to be! Apparently the largest Metal box ever released!
Just scored Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy (2012) Limited Clear Vinyl 2LP

I dropped the $ on both colors on each of the Star Ones. Arjen's stuff is some of my all time fav so couldn't resist. This will be my first Blood stuff, can't wait to see how it is all put together (and hopefully crappy USPS doesn't screw up the condition upon arrival).

Awesome! They're packaged well too. Now the wait...

That Emperor box is going to be nasty. I'm on the fence with it right now but once the mock ups start coming out I'll probably get tipped toward purchase and boy is that gonna hurt.

Other notables not pictured:
Steven Wilson - Transience 180g 2xLP Gatefold
Nile - What Should Not Be Unearthed 180g 2xLP Gatefold silver edition
Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East
Devin Townsend - Ziltoid 2 180g 2xLP purple edition
Devin Townsend - Dark Matters 180g 2xLP gold edition
Best of the Grateful Dead 2xLP
David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock 180g 2xLP
Ghost - Meliora
Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls 180g 3xLP

Nice! I got those Cirith Ungol reissues as well and that Perturbator! That's a great album! That album is a real throwback to awesome b grade 80s sci fi and Knight Rider,what's good in life.
I ended up grabbing the SYL reissues as well.And the 3 Cormorant lps.

Haha yeah Perturbator is fun. Already had it in black and glow in the dark. Why not one more color? The SYLs sound great! The packaging for the Cormorant LPs will be gorgeous. I have the CDs but didn't pull the trigger on the vinyls. I still may still do a year end sweep through that store before he goes on holiday.

I did notice though that he's written in bold about the backlog at the pressing plants that there could be delays....the poor dude cops heaps of crap from ppl that order than send him abusive emails when they have to wait a bit for their stuff to arrive.I got a shock recently when he said that it was only one person that runs Blood Music and delivers all his stuff to the post office by push bike(though I'm not sure I believe that one).Herculean effort by one guy!

CMDistro has been disappointing lately. Good prices but they need to get the shipping times and stock in order. They are THE label for Queensryche, and they're waiting for the parent label (I assume) in Europe to send stock for certain items before they send off. Shouldn't have that kind of gap in wait time vs. street date, grr.

Century Media doesn't ship vinyl super nicely either. One of my favorite vinyls came from them all jacked up. My Oranssi Pazuzu debut with the glow in the dark jacket :(

Agreed. My Ziltoid 2 3xLP set came crunched in one corner. To make it worse, they were completely out of them, and noone else had them that I could find. I had to live with a partial refund (which was at least nice) and "deal with it" in the end.

It baffles me how a lot of shops fight to sell you stuff, but then can't spend 2 seconds ordering proper mailers from uline or wherever to protect the stuff. Amazon is even getting bad about this as well.