The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Here are some of my recent acquisitions:

Mutiilation- Vampires of Black Imperial Blood (Dark Adversary)
Samael- Blood Ritual (Century Media 244/666)
Volahn- Aq'Al'Ab (Anja)

The Volahn has especially excellent packaging. I don't usually put the posters up, but this one is going on my wall.

IMG_3372_zpsjrq8mbwl.jpg

IMG_3374_zpsnfz2bz10.jpg

IMG_3375_zpswh0cl1tu.jpg

66f5e5fa-14f0-434c-a282-780591cfb787_zps2lyf330j.jpg

image.jpeg

Fucking digital download on that skull grinder cracks and sounds like garbage. Dumb complaint but I guess I have to wait even longer for the cd to play this anywhere but my turntable.

Reactions: Sirjack and KafkaX
My Decibel collection ...

m7Tci05.jpg

Zaqugac.jpg

8Y6f8nl.jpg

sm5Siln.jpg

HYvwn7p.jpg

and i have a collection of flexi-discs(comes with each mag) that i still havent fucked with. Im not even sure the ones at the bottom of my huge stack would even be playable as the grooves are probably crushed.

Had to edit another pic in there. I knew something wasnt right when i didnt see the Jeff Hanneman issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: JontRevolting
Decibel rhymes with terrible.

Man, I miss Metal Maniacs. Iron Fist is pretty cool but honestly magazines bore me now. All the information feels so second-hand because the interviews are available online anyway plus there's other interviews not in magazines floating around online, whatever use they once had is lost on me.

/rant.

^ I think enjoying magazines is comparable to enjoying vinyl over digital copies. There's a collecting aspect, and it's usually a more tangible, enjoyable experience.

Got my first limited edition record, 1 of 500. I swear I do listen to metal, but a few other things take precedence. My first colored vinyl was the Breaking Bad soundtrack. Internet picture, looks about the same.

pokevinyl-jpg

Speaking of Tarot this morning, I ended up with two copies of the comp, mum wanted to get it for me as a Xmas present so she had a series of bizarre exchanges with Sven from Van, due to his quite limited English. Mum wanted to pay using an international money order which are a complete pain in the ass and expensive! So because I've dealt with him a lot over the years he sent it for free which was good of him.
I emailed him back and he didn't want any money for it which was very good of him. The other copy I got directly from Will at Heavy Chains/Tarot.
It's as good a collectible as I can think. A great release that surely will be sought after in years to come. If I were a vinyl collector I'd be jumping on these before they go forever.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG