THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

Sydney gig was pretty much wat i expected plus more. Mikael cracked me up between songs. I got a fair few videos and photos which came out awsome.

According to Mikael it was the biggest crowd they had ever played to and he said that Sydney was his second favourite city in the World. oh ye and they played one riff for us from Black Rose Immortal which made me nearly have a heart attack. Cheers for the best gig ive ever been to.

@ Jaxe. They didn't play Soldier of Fortune in Melbourne. You guys must have got lucky...except we got The Night and the Silent Water :p

@Henri. http://x402.putfile.com/4/11400303683.jpg here's the pic of me and mike. I'm the goofy one leaning back with the double chin hahaha.
See the resemblance between me and dan?

Spydaman_69_2001 said:
No. I think I know who you're talking about but I was in the other GA line.

well i was standing like right next to you then. i had a sprite bottle, and they guy in the checkered vest had a beer bottle and we were drinking goon and singing bon jovi :| i was wasted :Smug:

On a side note, I got banned from the megadeth forums for using the term Jew in a derogatory context.

chomps said:
Hey dude. Was it you who got the shot of me and Peter in front of the car they were all piling into?

Perhaps... :)

Here my puppy. Apologies for the poor light.

wi33af.jpg

- Danny

Was I the only one who was a little underwhelmed by the Big Top? The sound was muddled, nowhere near as good as the Metro or Enmore Theatre. I could hardly hear Peter's guitar at all and the kickdrums where way too loud.

Eh, maybe I'm just getting old and cynical.

The Dude said:
Was I the only one who was a little underwhelmed by the Big Top? The sound was muddled, nowhere near as good as the Metro or Enmore Theatre. I could hardly hear Peter's guitar at all and the kickdrums where way too loud.

yes you are, the sound was great

The Dude said:

no way. i thought the sound was really good *shrug*

no ur not, i was just talking about my thoughts on the sydney sound with a few mates who went last night. imo the melbourne 2 sound was far better and seemed like the sound engineer was able to use the room more effectively than he did at the sydney, which i think (the big top) is a far less sound friendly venue. sound was better imo at enmore in 04 too. other than the sound, the mix itself wasnt great, too much bass, drums and mikael's guitar, and not enough of peter's guitar or per's keyboards. i thoguht the mix was much better in melbourne 2 which can be proven by my bootlegs which i am working on posting sometime. anyway, regardless it was a great (read: not as good as melb 2!!) night!

Pethical said:
no ur not, i was just talking about my thoughts on the sydney sound with a few mates who went last night. imo the melbourne 2 sound was far better and seemed like the sound engineer was able to use the room more effectively than he did at the sydney, which i think (the big top) is a far less sound friendly venue. sound was better imo at enmore in 04 too. other than the sound, the mix itself wasnt great, too much bass, drums and mikael's guitar, and not enough of peter's guitar or per's keyboards. i thoguht the mix was much better in melbourne 2 which can be proven by my bootlegs which i am working on posting sometime. anyway, regardless it was a great (read: not as good as melb 2!!) night!

Wasn't the Forum was 'gorgeous' ?