THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

The Dude said:
Was I the only one who was a little underwhelmed by the Big Top? The sound was muddled, nowhere near as good as the Metro or Enmore Theatre. I could hardly hear Peter's guitar at all and the kickdrums where way too loud.

Eh, maybe I'm just getting old and cynical.

No you are dead right. Sound was shit!

Drums were too loud overall, esp the kicks. Guitars were not loud enough, was there someone playing bass in opeth last night???

JeBuZ said:
:O
The security guards were fuckheads though. Kept pretending to play guitars and posing with the devily hand sign like try hard image metal people. Incredibly immature and kinda insulting.

Right when the best part of The Leper Affinity, a security guard jumped up to grab a crowd surfer and left his crotch lingering around my face for 100% too long.

Were you on the left? I had those wankers in front of me too. I'm the tiny asian dude with long black hair, if anybody recognised me.

Bloody awesome show last night, everything was flawless exept those two drunken dickheads that were behing me and my friend...
"AAAAAAADDVEEEEEEEEEEEENT".."DELIVERANNNNNNNNNCE"....
How about you just quieten the fuck down for 5 minutes...i didnt pay 63$ to hear a couple of drunken fucks scream out requests!
I was the tall guy with the glasses,if anyone remembers me, and i was with an asian guy there. :)

Oh and i am sooo pissed i forgot to bring my digital camera...8.1 megapixels of opeth.....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE..........

Was I mistaken in thinking that Mike said they'd play BRI next time? Cos when he played the acoustic riff from it he said they would.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I thought he said they'd play BRI next time too. That would be amazing. Might be a case of hearing what I want to hear though :S

The Dude said:
Was I the only one who was a little underwhelmed by the Big Top? The sound was muddled, nowhere near as good as the Metro or Enmore Theatre. I could hardly hear Peter's guitar at all and the kickdrums where way too loud.

Eh, maybe I'm just getting old and cynical.

No, you are right!
The sound was muddled and Mike's guitar was sooo much louder than Peter's. I could hardly hear his solos at all. Drums seemed ok volume wise to me.. but I was sitting dead center upstairs in the stands.

I much preferred the Metro sound.. the best so far. Although the sound at the venue in Stockholm (Fryshuset?) was pretty good too. Plus it was cool being there because Mike and the guys brought their families and friends and he was all "hi mum". :headbang:

Awesome show in Sydney, though the crowd was way fucking rougher than I expected, not exactly standing and 'experiencing' the show like I was hoping, but fuck it, show was cool. I'd have to say Soldier Of Fortune and Leper were the highlights for me.
Oh, and to Zep-head, Pethical and Ikil, you are some crazy motherfuckers!

Pethical said:
too much bass

wtf? i could barely hear any of mendez's bass. oh and the sound was pretty awful. but that couldn't take away from the music on display

anyway pethical here are the photos i promised u today. i'll upload more when i can. if anyone knows a image hosting service that can hold phots >2mb please post. the two i got of you tom and your friends (zep-head i think) are 2.2 and 2.6 mb respectively. so yeah. i can't email u them either cos hotmail has file size limits on attachments limits.

a little not some were taken from the standing area, others from the mosh. it was taken on a canon ixus 5.1 megapixel camera on the highest quality settings and thus the file sizes are relatively large (most are well over a mb). Also the camera kept trying to autofocus so almost all have some sort of blur on them. that said it makes for really cool trippy shots (i think so anyway)

ok here it goes:

I'll post more photos later.

PLEASE tell me what u think, i'm interested in opinions.

Yoda, why are we such crazy motherfuckers?
btw, only after the show did I hear how far you'd travelled to get to the show, 5hours from Dubbo. Much respect to your dedication, thats a tougher trip than an hour flight to Melbourne!

zep-head said:
Yoda, why are we such crazy motherfuckers?
btw, only after the show did I hear how far you'd travelled to get to the show, 5hours from Dubbo. Much respect to your dedication, thats a tougher trip than an hour flight to Melbourne!

Yeah, cheaper though. I meant "crazy motherfuckers" in cool slang for "friendly guys", my attempt at being 'hip and new-age'.

Did Mlebourne get Soldier of Fortune?

Here's a few of the pics I got last night. Excuse the camera-phone quality (although it is 1.3mpx). I have a few more pics but I can't get them off the phone yet for some reason (might be cos the file sizes are too big).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/suspense/opethsydney1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/suspense/opethsydney2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/suspense/opethsydney3.jpg

I don't know how to just link thumbnails so there's the link to the photos in original size. They came out alright.

Pethical said:
tannas can u send me the ones with me in them? either here or pm'd or email, whatever.

lol, u obviously missed this

Tannas said:
anyway pethical here are the photos i promised u today. i'll upload more when i can. if anyone knows a image hosting service that can hold phots >2mb please post. the two i got of you tom and your friends (zep-head i think) are 2.2 and 2.6 mb respectively. so yeah. i can't email u them either cos hotmail has file size limits on attachments limits.

dw i'll think of something, or tell me a place to post them