THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

Spydaman_69_2001 said:
I was an Asian guy that had a camera. I was in the front though.
your name wouldn't be Ben would it? I was standing next to an Asian guy with a camera called Ben.

Fucking sweet gig. I managed to get absolute front center to start with, but slowly slipped right along the barrier to in front of Mendes during the show. I took some photos. You can see them all here. Or just look at the best one bellow.
opeth10.jpg

SERIOUS QUESTION GUYS!!!

Who here was at the Melbourne gig and is named Dylan? Apparently I met you... although I have no recollection of such an event.

well i think this has mostly all been covered... but i flew from sydney to see both the melbourne shows, and melbourne 2 was definately the best opeth gig i have ever been to. not only was it an amazing set list (TNATSW!!!), but the sound was great, mikael was as fucking funny as ever, and the fact that there seemed to be like half the people compared to the first night, meant being able to get really close and still have plenty of headbanging room :).
the atmosphere in sydney was so different, partly cuz the big top is no comparison to the beautiful forum!

i'm quite jealous that so many of you got to meet the guys... i saw them on the streets of london last year but didn't go up to them! i am an idiot. soooo wish i coulda met them on this tour.

zep-head etc, was that you then that called out to mikael in sydney about the shirt he was wearing?

Spydaman_69_2001 said:
I was there last night. First dude in and I got front centre. Freaking awesome show.

as if. I was directly in front of akerfelds mic from the start, but then slipped right.

edit: Ben! matt here. sorry if I sounded hostile :p
nah, sick gig, kick drums were a bit loud but otherwise sound was pretty good.
I was so happy when they played under the weeping moon.

I was in the upstairs section at Sydney gig and noticed Mikael's Darkthrone t-shirt immediately. He made reference to it indirectly when talking about "Orchid". Nice touch. Re t-shirts, I was interested in the variety of bands featured on punters' chests. Mostly Opeth of course but a lot of other interesting bands, e.g. a guy near me had a Burzum shirt.

thematt said:
as if. I was directly in front of akerfelds mic from the start, but then slipped right.

edit: Ben! matt here. sorry if I sounded hostile :p
nah, sick gig, kick drums were a bit loud but otherwise sound was pretty good.
I was so happy when they played under the weeping moon.
Would you be Matt from Canberra?

the sunday melbourne gig was insane. i met a chic there by the name of beth. any chance shes on here? if you are on here im the guy ya hung out with during the concert.. just wanna keep in contact!

Trendkill_84 said:
the sunday melbourne gig was insane. i met a chic there by the name of beth. any chance shes on here? if you are on here im the guy ya hung out with during the concert.. just wanna keep in contact!

yeah this is beth, whats up? Wanna come in for a coffee?