the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Totes jealous. He's one of the few guitar players I actually know the name of because I enjoy his work so much (I'm more a bass guy). Obscura is easily one of my favourite bands.

I gave Silent Lapse's record a spin again last night, it still remains one of the more unique prog records I've listened to. How's the new record coming along, Matt? I don't frequent your board all that much.

I gave Silent Lapse's record a spin again last night, it still remains one of the more unique prog records I've listened to. How's the new record coming along, Matt? I don't frequent your board all that much.

Thanks Man!

Anyway, it’s been kind of at a stand still for a while. I know Mitchell is always writing, which is good because we need more songs for the album anyway, but drum parts for the newest song we have close to complete isn’t coming that easy for Taylor. At this point he’s got them down pretty solidly, and we almost have it down together as a band. Once we accomplish that the recording of it will be pie.

We have a newsletter you can join, where I give album updates every month. You should be able to join on our website at http://www.silentlapse.com

Sure, why not. I subscribed. I guess I'm gonna have to buy your new album and not just shamelessly take you up on that freebie offer :lol:
NP:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dream Theater - Octavarium

My favorite 20+ minute song after Theocracy's Mirror of Souls and Symphony X's The Odyssey.

Yup. Yup Yup Yup Yup Yup. I always compare it to MoS. Such an awesome song.

I'm listening to Broken Flesh's new album (yeah, I found it).

I just rediscovered this band that I barely even checked into before, except one song that I've been listening to for forever. These guys are amazing.

EDIT:

Dream Theater - Octavarium

My favorite 20+ minute song after Theocracy's Mirror of Souls and Symphony X's The Odyssey.

In my opinion, A Change of Seasons stands even higher than Octavarium. It's tied with Mirror of Souls for my favorite song of all time.

I've been listening to the new Fleshgod Apocalypse tracks. New album comes out on August 20th and I pre-ordered it. Didn't ever listen to them until this weekend. I can't believe I never gave them the time of day before. I could see these guys being one of my favorite bands.

These tracks are MONSTERS:

^You have quickly become my favorite poster on here.

Not currently listening to anything. Just watched the new Breaking Bad.