the "what are you currently listening to" thread

I'm not sure what that band does for me (The Agony Scene), definitely not what I expected, but still not cutting it either.

Listening to Nine:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because the sensation of listening to an album gets intensified when you have the finished product in your hands. Even if it turns out below average you can still appreciate the work put into it if you hold the cover art and flip through the book.

Another example of this phenomenon is when people claim an album is absolute horseshit when in fact it's just worse when compared to the rest of said band's discography. In reality that album is pretty good when compared to other music and a ton of work was put into it.

Now playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwTKE09WhQ

This. I agree with appreciating an album more when you own and hold a physical copy, however I think my level of satisfaction with everything I buy has more to do with the fact that my musical tastes are developed to the point where I know exactly what I’m going to like and exactly what I’m not going to like. It makes it easy to buy albums based on reviews or even descriptions of the music without ever hearing it. Which, in actuality, I do ALL the time.

Tarja - Never Enough

The awesome live version off Act I, not the new single version, which unfortunately is kind of bad. :(

Right now I'm not listening to anything but Paradise Lost (Symphony X) and Throes of Absolution (7 Horns 7 Eyes) have been on play a lot lately

I love Paradise Lost. Fantastic album, although I do prefer the Divine Wings of Tragedy and the Odyssey.

I love Paradise Lost. Fantastic album, although I do prefer the Divine Wings of Tragedy and the Odyssey.

It's actually the first album of theirs that I have actually sat down and listened to. I guess I'll be looking into those 2 next.

Right now I'm listening to the new Oh Sleeper. If you haven't heard it, you should probably go listen to it now.

I guess this means the English version of Pääkallonpaikka is on the horizon.

Marketable music is always forgettable. I listened to the new Skillet, and was not impressed. What kind of crap was left on the cutting room floor if that was what they left on the album. After that many years of writing, too...But, I'm old. Listening to some live Maiden. Phantom of the Opera

Comatose and Collide were both okay albums. But really, I cringe at the idea of sitting down and listening to a full album of theirs. They are really a band that has decent singles and that's it.

This is what I'm listening to. The ending to this song is extremely tense.

After thinking about my comment, it was kind of harsh...I mean, if they're winning souls, thats all that matters. My opinion really does not. haha. War of Ages...Collapse.

I'm listening to Anathema's "A Fine Day to Exit" album right now. Good stuff. Picked up a few albums the other day:

Anathema - A Fine Day to Exit
Anathema - Judgement
Anathema - A Natural Disaster
Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Ame

I have plenty of listening to do for a while :)

Yeah....Christian is quite a guitarplayer.He went to school with my brother. Years ago i took him to Christmas Rock night here in Germany, Tourniquet was headliner and i remember him being blown away by Ken Tamplin ;-)