the "what are you currently listening to" thread

That new 'August Burns Red'! Almost went to go buy the CD till I realized it's not out yet, lol. I didn't even know they had a couple new songs out till a couple days ago. Bout 2 more weeks for the CD.

I love the lyric videos that are made for their songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, so I'm a pretty big Anime fan ^_^ And I really like the music they use with em. This one called 'Fairy Tail' has an amazing soundtrack. I'd like to post all my fav's, but that'd take up way too much room, hahah.

You can do that? I'd like it for the collector's value, but I don't...collect vinyl :D

Most albums are avaialble as vinyl these days. You should collect vinyl. The sounds is quite different than CD. (due to being mastered differently. Vinyl masters have more dynamic range) And they just look so so so sweet. I also pre-ordered the new Amon Amarth album on picture disc. Pumped for that.

I'm sure you've seen the new extol video :D
I'm hinting so hard to my gf to surprise me with the grey shirt and CD combo... I can't get my head around how good that album will be.

I'm not so sure about vinyl...the only reason I'm thinking of switching to collecting vinyl is the fact that all CDs deteriorate with time...and I was planning on buying a second copy of every CD I own (and more) for keepsake whilst listening to the ones I have. (truth be told my PCs CD drive is busted and I don't want to damage the CDs by taking them on my daily commutes so I just download anything I buy and use their rips since it's neater). I just like having the CDs as memorabilia. :/
Even after getting somebody else's rips at 320kbits and burning them to a blank CD I still don't hear much of a difference from the original CD and the burnt one...even though I have a killer stereo system in the car

I'm not so sure about vinyl...the only reason I'm thinking of switching to collecting vinyl is the fact that all CDs deteriorate with time...and I was planning on buying a second copy of every CD I own (and more) for keepsake whilst listening to the ones I have. (truth be told my PCs CD drive is busted and I don't want to damage the CDs by taking them on my daily commutes so I just download anything I buy and use their rips since it's neater). I just like having the CDs as memorabilia. :/
Even after getting somebody else's rips at 320kbits and burning them to a blank CD I still don't hear much of a difference from the original CD and the burnt one...even though I have a killer stereo system in the car

I have CDs that are decades old that are still in fine condition. Unless you treat your CDs like crap, they should last forever.

I bought an 160GB iPod just this year. Ripped my whole collection at 320kbps and slapped it on there. Didn't even take up 1/4 of the space. It's super handy and 320kbps is so close to full quality that your ears won't even be able to tell.

I've read that before about CDs, but even as the article states, it's most likely to poor handling. Plus CDs are manufactured better now than they were in the late 1980s. Letting them sit out in sunlight is a surefire way to get them to degrade like the picture in the article.

I have an mp3 player by iRiver, whose sound quality surpasses Apple products. I'd only switch to a Zune but you can't get them where I live.

Northern Kings - Training Montage (Rocky IV)

It's old as balls, 512mb and I can barely hold 50 songs, which in the end turned out to be a good thing since the stuff on my phone (16gbs) only accumulated and created clutter. I know it sounds like justifying and poor excuses but I honestly don't mind it. I just don't want to abandon it, the sound is always crisp even with generic earphones.

To be frank...I never bothered to see if Apple released any new products that were good due, I just dissed them to their shoddy policies.

It's old as balls, 512mb and I can barely hold 50 songs, which in the end turned out to be a good thing since the stuff on my phone (16gbs) only accumulated and created clutter. I know it sounds like justifying and poor excuses but I honestly don't mind it. I just don't want to abandon it, the sound is always crisp even with generic earphones.

To be frank...I never bothered to see if Apple released any new products that were good due, I just dissed them to their shoddy policies.

You're iRiver must push the sound harder if you notice that big of a difference in sound quality, because the device shouldn't matter as much as the bitrate. If that's the case, an iPod coupled with a headphone amp should do the trick.

I just listened through the second disc of The Living Infinite by Soilwork. What a fantastic album, I can't get over it. Easily in my top 10 favorite albums ever.

Now playing out of curiosity :D

Well, Matt...I'm currently waiting for my phone to come from the shop (home key busted) and I'm gonna get some good IEM phones and that'll sort my needs out :)

Anyone heard about these kids before? They're bout 11-12 years old from what I heard/read.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OonkKpxkoF0&list=FLiIqLSjk1sHEEW63a5fGbfg&index=2[/ame]

Here's one where it's recorded from behind so you can hear the drummer a lot better. It starts about :50 seconds in if you don't feel like waiting.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHS_pAdHsjs&list=FLiIqLSjk1sHEEW63a5fGbfg[/ame]

Man that video was awesome because of the totally non-metal dances being performed by the crowd members! Hilarious!

Currently listening to Seven Kindoms "The Fire is Mine" - they are coming to NC in the fall and I am super pumped!