the "what are you currently listening to" thread

One of Germany's best hard rock bands: Fair Warning. Helge is good friends with Uli Jon Roth and was one of the early adopters of the Sky Guitar in the late 80s. Seriously freakin' awesome tune:

Last edited by a moderator:

This album is unbelievable. If you like the lyrics of Oh, Sleeper/Anullaby, you'll absolutely love this.

It took a while, but...
I am just now starting to get into the "love it" stage with this CD...getting close to my favorite CD this year.

New Tourniquet album is AWESOME

I found Onward To Freedom unexpectedly progressive, but I did fall asleep listening to it on shuffle with 3 Banjo Kazooie remixes (love that game!).

Interesting guest appearances from Michael Sweet, Marty Friedman, Rex Carroll and a pile of people I've never heard of, a bit too much screamo for my taste, but well worth a listen - and good to support a very worthy cause.

http://www.tourniquet.net/

Banjo Kazooie and so much more - an interesting game music community:
http://ocremix.org/

1997 release Moscow My Love by Doctor Vatson

Kind of barbershop meets ska. Impressive vintage Russian pop, and just $2 from a Salvation Army charity shop today!

Last edited:
As the world bleeds by Theocracy, I love that I've finally found superb Christian metal to listen to, it's more than amazingly good this album and I Am brought me to tears and I felt saved by Jesus in the moment,it was a strong emotion and after that I feel reunited with God again after long time! I'm happy now and I'm happy for a visit to a Pentecostal church through a friend of my son

Welcome I Am Eva and praise God for your discovery!!
I just wish I could find more truly great Christian metal.

So what have I been listening to lately?
Christmas with Kenny Ball & His Jazzmen
Valley of the Damned
& Sonic Firestorm by DragonForce
and right now:
Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar & Orchestra.

I hope everyone's had a blessed and wonderfully musical Christmas!

Aish! I can give you out some solid Christian metal recommendations, just tell me what you like in terms of genre, elements and maybe style.

Thank you Aletheus and Aish! I'm happy to have found this forum too and that registration finally worked so I could share my joy of having found this wonderful band and the music that I adore singing in praise of God instead of other bands singing bad stuff to my ears :) God bless all of you and this seems like a warm and supporting forum to be a member of *thums up* I still have to get used to using it though but that's no worries ;)

Well if anything, we have a lot of regulars, it's just that the forum got a bit slow with Theocracy not releasing anything except the Christmas song recently.

So do stick around and have fun.

I Am Eva: Yeah, it's a friendly forum (most of the time) but we seem to have lost a few nice guys.

Aletheus: You know I adore Theocracy, I also love early Deliverance and early Sonata Arctica - i.e. the fast stuff.
I really like DragonForce, despite their ultra lame lyrics. Scottish band Ascension is AMAZING, and I really like Brazilian group Scelerata too.

Basically I adore shredding guitars with thunderous drumming and clean, high male vocals. 7th Avenue has good music, but the vocals are a BIG turn off.
HB is good, but a bit slow, and too many female vocals. Tourniquet is great, but a bit rough. I got into Christian thrash and death metal for the fast drumming and frantic guitars, but have since found these elements with decent singing.

I guess I'm getting fussy, and I've checked out HEAPS of other bands suggested on this forum, but think they all play too slow and/or have vocalists I don't like.
Still, any suggestions would be welcome.

Well if anything, we have a lot of regulars, it's just that the forum got a bit slow with Theocracy not releasing anything except the Christmas song recently.

So do stick around and have fun.

Thank you I will :wave: And yes I've been noticing that phenomen too at other places and I don't say Facebook is the only thing to blame but a bit maybe but a forum has its advantages too and I hope this one sticks around for quite some time still! I brought some off topic discussion to the thread and sorry but what I listen to at the moment is only Theocracy and a bit Harmony since they deliever too nicely but this forum's reason d'être is in its own league, I used to love Metallica, Megadeth and Whitesnake and I haven't thrown them in the garbage but they stay getting dusty since I started to listen to Matt and co and I love them for the music but most part for the lyrics and vocals, it's like a journey to paradise the moment when I can sit and listen and pray at the same time and being a mum to a 7 year old the calm moments is rearly there for more contemplation :D

You know I adore Theocracy, I also love early Deliverance and early Sonata Arctica - i.e. the fast stuff.
I really like DragonForce, despite their ultra lame lyrics. Scottish band Ascension is AMAZING, and I really like Brazilian group Scelerata too.

Basically I adore shredding guitars with thunderous drumming and clean, high male vocals. 7th Avenue has good music, but the vocals are a BIG turn off.
HB is good, but a bit slow, and too many female vocals. Tourniquet is great, but a bit rough. I got into Christian thrash and death metal for the fast drumming and frantic guitars, but have since found these elements with decent singing.

I guess I'm getting fussy, and I've checked out HEAPS of other bands suggested on this forum, but think they all play too slow and/or have vocalists I don't like.
Still, any suggestions would be welcome.

After taking all that into consideration I've come up with a list of possible suggestions, whilst trying to avoid big names with which you probably are familiar with already (Narnia, or Stratovarius for instance).

Seeing as you listed some secular bands I've done the same, but don't worry I've separated the particularly Christian ones from the iffy grey zoners and those that are blatantly secular. As far as I know none of the bands I listed are disrespectful towards religion or personal freedoms, but then again I didn't go as deep as you might believe, I just tend to google some interviews and lyrics to see how the band breathes.

Just check your Private Messages :)

...what I listen to at the moment is only Theocracy and a bit Harmony since they deliever too nicely

Did you sample the new album? I only heard the two songs they released on youtube, and I can't say that I'm mighty impressed. I did find it attractive, but I expected a LOT more. Here's to discovering that the rest leaves a better impression on me!