the "what are you currently listening to" thread

So, yeah. This anime I'm currently watching (Fairy Tail) has some pretty awesome music. The dude (Yasuharu Takanashi) that composes the music for this anime needs a raise, hahah. I been listening to the OST for this lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately, I've been listening to Twisted, Seven, Evening Gray and Morning Red, Dyson Sphere, Tetelestai, From A Burning Sun & Dead Choir by Phinehas. AWESOME BAND imo lol, but sadly I've not been listening to Theocracy recently, although in my own defense, it's bcuz I'm stoked for the new album! Btw, The songs Twisted, Dyson Sphere & From A Burning Sun are from the album The Last Word Is Yours To Speak (2013), while the other songs r from Till the End (2015) Darn good albums both lol

I'm getting ready to see Blind Guardian in a few days, so I recently picked up Beyond the Red Mirror. It is fantastic! If you like Night at the Opera-era BG, you'll enjoy this.

The annoying thing is that it's a concept album, but only 10 of the 12 songs are on the standard CD (the digibook has 11 and the earbook all 12).

The opening track (The Ninth Wave):

Last edited:
Wow, I guess anyone can be converted. I was aware that Blackie Lawless was now a Christian, as I had heard that he won't play the song Animal (____ like a Beast) anymore, but I had no idea W.A.S.P. was making music like this now:

What a striking change from the band I remember from the 80s.

Last edited:
I seriously can't get enough of this song, lol. An anime opening. About a dude/hero who obliterates anything with one punch, and he can't get hurt. It just kinda happened to him after 3 years of training. But it annoys him (in a way) that he's like that since there's no challenge for him anymore, so he can't get excited. It's kinda comical.

Audio is decent, but not too great. Lots of treble, so you can't get a good feel of the drums. They've been taking down videos for copyright

Here's a pretty sick drum cover with nice audio. Fer best experience, use headphones or good speakers, hahah.

*Edit
Here's the full song for anyone that's interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I guess anyone can be converted. I was aware that Blackie Lawless was now a Christian, as I had heard that he won't play the song Animal (____ like a Beast) anymore, but I had no idea W.A.S.P. was making music like this now:

What a striking change from the band I remember from the 80s.

Holy Shit! I was thinking like "Oh its probobly a song that alludes to Jesus or something" but it is totally... My mind is blown. What the hell happened to W.A.S.P. ? I mean this in a "I am happy" kind of way... My God. Woo Hoo! Go Jesus!

From 1989, "The Bunny is Dead" by Australian Glam Thrash Punk Gospel Rock band The Toerags (so much for my link to Soundcloud) and Sharky Sharky's new release "Super Awesome Mega Rock"!

Last edited:
Dream Theater - The Astonishing

I'm a long time DT fan and a sucker for a good concept album, so I am quite enjoying it. Here is one of my early favorites as I've only had a chance to listen a few times so far.