the "what are you currently listening to" thread

I'm happy for you guys, but my pre-order hasn't arrived yet, and won't be delivered over the weekend.
I have listened to 90 second samples of most of the songs on iTunes and it sounds fantastic.
Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer to hear the whole thing...

Reactions: rssllue
I'm happy for you guys, but my pre-order hasn't arrived yet, and won't be delivered over the weekend.
I have listened to 90 second samples of most of the songs on iTunes and it sounds fantastic.
Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer to hear the whole thing...

I also bought the digital version from iTunes so I could listen to the album on my phone as well and (as you probably have already seen) that is available already for you as an option. Either way, you will definitely not be disappointed by this album for it is well worth the wait! Godspeed!

Besides 'Ghost Ship' (the album). I recently discovered that the latest August Burns Red album has a official release of the instrumental version of it on Amazon (digitally only, if I remember right). I've been wanting instrumental versions of their songs for a good while, so I was super hyped to see that a whole album was released, officially.

August Burns Red is right up there at the top of my favorite bands to listen to, right next to Theocracy. I don't mind some screamin for vocals, but I prefer clean vocals. So it's nice to be able to jam the instrumental versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aish!
Been a while since I listened to this band. I discovered em on the game 'Rock Band' where I do mah plastic drumming, hahah. They got a new singer. Their original one had an opera type voice. I like their new singer, though. Pretty clean, clear, powerful and crisp.

Here's the original singer doing that same 'Valkyries' song.

And I guess since I'm here, I'll do another comparison song, lol.

Last edited:
I've never gotten into Power Quest, despite the feverish attempts of my fanboy friends. However, the main song from their new EP has floored me. I am told that this is the first PQ song written on and for guitar (as opposed to keyboards), so maybe that's why this one is hitting me differently:

One of my Christmas presents this year is the CD "I Am God" by Fraser Edwards, guitarist in Ascension and Sharky Sharky. The average track length is 4 minutes - a bit short for some of you prog fans, but jam packed full of twiddle-tastic keyboards and shredding. I particularly love the first song on the album (even if the sentiment it is a bit grim) :

Last edited: