the "what are you currently listening to" thread

God and other various songs by Stryper off their upcoming album The Covering. If this is any indication of what their future albums will sound like...they are right up there with Theocracy!

hey Martyr's Crown...you just posted the 666th comment...lol any Foo Fighters fans?? i feel stupid asking that on a power metal forum, lol

Rhapsody (OF FIRE!!!) - "Reign of Terror". Best song on Frozen Tears!

Hey, so, I want to get into HammerFall. What's their best album? I'm looking at Crimson Thunder right now.

Rhapsody (OF FIRE!!!) - "Reign of Terror". Best song on Frozen Tears!

Hey, so, I want to get into HammerFall. What's their best album? I'm looking at Crimson Thunder right now.

If you don't mind Compilation albums, go with Steel Meets Steel - their 10 year best-of album. I'd say everything post-2002 for them, honestly :p
Before that, they were good, but everything after that is AMAZING.

If you don't mind Compilation albums, go with Steel Meets Steel - their 10 year best-of album. I'd say everything post-2002 for them, honestly :p
Before that, they were good, but everything after that is AMAZING.

Second that, although I'm not sure if it's really a "compilation" seeing as everything was re-recorded for that album IIRC

I'm not the biggest fan of their most recent 2 albums. Threshold has a few good songs, but No sacrifice, No victory was... meh. It just didn't sound like hammerfall to me

I miss stefan elmgren

I don't really do compilation albums, actually. I like having the full-album experience.
In regards to cheesiness... I listen to Rhapsody of Fire, it's not a problem. ;) I've heard Hammerfall described as "weapons-grade gorgonzola", and from what I've heard from them, it seems pretty accurate. Still, can't be as much as, say, Manowar.