the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Now that Matt has said it, I feel bad. :'(
If you didn't record them, didn't listen to more than a very few tracks, and didn't listen to them more than once you are not going to ruin your listen I think. But if you did listen to all the tracks several times, there won't be much surprise when you'll listen to the whole album... :(

My problem with listening to Theocracy is that everything else sounds weak afterwards. I'm not even talking about things being less heavy - that's a given since I don't listen to only metal. But, the songwriting just isn't as good. It seems like artists (including and sometimes especially worship artists) only care about playing it safe and making sure their stuff sells. Maybe if they took as much time focusing on songwriting that isn't overdone or just bad as they did worrying about record sales, their music wouldn't suck.

That said, I'm listening to Tear Down the Walls by Hillsong United - probably my favorite corporate worship song.

Yup, I'm afraid you guys are going to ruin it for yourselves. :( It would be so much more rewarding to experience it all at once, in the intended order...

Yes, ruined in the same way as ice cream before lunch. And yet, both are somehow still magically delicious.

Yup, I'm afraid you guys are going to ruin it for yourselves. :( It would be so much more rewarding to experience it all at once, in the intended order...

I agree wholeheartedly with this idea. However, I couldn't resist and I listened to the songs on the podcast once. I deleted them though and will be content to wait a couple weeks for my preorder to arrive :).

I have to say though, all the tracks are utterly incredible. As an enthusiastic fan from CD 1, I have to say that I think that when I listen to the whole CD all the way through it will be your best yet. The songs I've heard so far aren't even the ones I'm most excited about.

Hats off to you guys, your new work is amazing!

Back to the thread topic (what are you currently listening to?): I had to go into the office this afternoon, so I made it more enjoyable by listening to the four more recent additions to my CD collection:

Echoterra - Land of the Midnight Sun
Incrave - Dead End (an Ulterium Records band)
Myrath - Tales of the Sands
Enbound - And She Says Gold (an Inner Wound Recordings band - Ulterium's sister label)

Enbound in particular is worth checking out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haggard - Eppur Si Muove [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE4YRnjrM1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE4YRnjrM1Q[/ame]

If you didn't record them, didn't listen to more than a very few tracks, and didn't listen to them more than once you are not going to ruin your listen I think. But if you did listen to all the tracks several times, there won't be much surprise when you'll listen to the whole album... :(

I have 5 tracks I've listened to. The only ones I've abused are... I AM and Hide In The Fairytale :$. :p

Woops...