the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Echo Temple - Demos
Their singer used to be in a Queensryche-ish band called Z-Lot-Z. They sound like Evergrey or a restrained Symphony X.

Betrayer - S/t
Edguy meets Dream Evil meets Megadeth. Great singer and songwriting.

Mikko Goes to Heaven - Alussa

I LOVE this band! Sounds vaguely like HB with a male vocalist doing rock with folk elements instead of metal. Does anyone know how I can buy their music (I'm in the U.S.)? Because right now all I can get is the one album they have on Spotify, and I'd really like to be able to listen to this on my iPod at work.

Golden Resurrection's newest album was just released today 'One Voice for the Kingdom' and am really enjoying it.
Also picked up 'Lancer' also by Doolittle group (same as GR). Good day for music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brand new Final Stage. This was recorded at Metal Works Studios in Mississauga (Rush, Triumph, Kim Mitchell, and Fates Warning to mega pop stars like Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas and Drake) and Spectre Sound (Betrayer, Woods of Ypres, Randy Blythe of Lamb of God). If you like Theocracy, this is kinda like a stripped down version.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jACALsWt5Ko&list=PLDz-gHeguf7lOWyPDsG3ipW91txcc4psM&index=1[/ame]

Good to have you back, Ryan :)

Are there any Danes here? I'm trying to get more info on the guys from this band. It had a very promising sound and I fell in love with this band, but they split up after only 2 demos/EPs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to Rhapsody of Fire - Il Canto del Vento right now. After this album, I'll listen the rest of the Dark Secret Saga (earlier I listened to Symphony of Enchanted Lands II).

LEAH - Ex Cathedra

This song is kind of ..... I don't know ..... Enya metal or something. Whatever it is, it's great. Such an cool atmosphere and Leah's voice is wonderful.

Golden Resurrection's newest album was just released today 'One Voice for the Kingdom' and am really enjoying it.

I got around to listening to that last week. It's not bad - better than I thought it would be. Musically it's an improvement over the second album, even if there's nothing that quite measures up to the high points of the first. The lyrics still range between bad and just okay, but at least there's nothing as bad as Identity in Christ. I find myself wishing they'd take more time to focus on quality rather than being so prolific, because I know they're really talented guys and can do a lot better.

I recently fell in love with Gojira. Added their last three albums to my library. Good stuff.

Currently have Flying Colors playing.

Flying Colors is fantastic.

I've been listening to pretty much of all of the Relient K albums for the past 3 months. Way too much. I think it's the lyrics that hook me in.

Flying Colors is fantastic.

I've been listening to pretty much of all of the Relient K albums for the past 3 months. Way too much. I think it's the lyrics that hook me in.

I purchased 'The Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek' a while back, but never really got into it. I don't think I ever even made it through the whole album. Maybe I'll dig it out and give it another try, though.