the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Yeah, that's a cool song, too

At the moment I'm listening to Wurzelbert^^, one of my favourites...

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Matt-S
Thanks for the suggestion, I've listened to "Ruf In Den Wind" about half a dozen times now, such an energetic song. :)

Currently listening to "Io" by Keith Merrow. It took me a while to fully appreciate this guy's material, but currently I'm really liking it.

Listening to a lot of Falconer at the moment. I LOVE the swedish folk-harmonies in their songs. And the voice of Mathias Blad is just outstanding...

Stryper's New Album 'Second Coming' just released today. Contains 2 new songs, and tons of classics that are RE-RECORDED ... and they are done very excellently. Highly recommended.

Leaves' Eyes - Njord

Liv is recording vocals for their upcoming album. Really hoping to get some samples soon. I am excited at the thought of hearing something - anything! - from it.

AMARANTHE's NEXUS.
On Repeat. All day. For 3 days.
While holding my newborn son!
It is so extremely catchy while still being metal.
Best second album ive ever heard.

Didn't know that was out yet. Gave the first album a spin once and enjoyed it. I'll be interested in hearing that one too.

Mozart - Sonota in C Minor

If anyone likes classical music, some company is selling huge compilations of it on Amazon for 99 cents a pop.

Link

Good quality stuff too. I bought several of these last week and am slowly but surely working my way through them.

^ I liked the instruments of that but the vocals turn me off completely. Maybe it'll have to grow on me, like most power metal.

I've been listening to Avantasia's new album. It's decent.

Yeah that's how I was when I first listened to it. I didn't like the album at first because it sounded like their last album Elysium. I didn't like Elysium at all. After I listened to this whole album it finally clicked with me and it has become my favorite album right now.

I also saw Avantasias new album but I never gave it a listen.

Veni Domine - Spiritual Wasteland

Feeling nostalgic listening to this great album. Listened to Material Sanctuary right beforehand. I forgot how amazing this band is!