the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Just out of curiosity...how much did you guys pay for your copy of DT's new album?
It goes for 100HRK (~18USD) and I'm thinking that's an excellent price for a new release.

Just out of curiosity...how much did you guys pay for your copy of DT's new album?
It goes for 100HRK (~18USD) and I'm thinking that's an excellent price for a new release.

$18 for a CD? If you paid that for just a CD you got ripped off hard. I bought the vinyl record (which came with a free download) for about $22 or so.

In this day and age, you really shouldn't be paying more than $10 for a CD. Unless it's a super special edition that come in a hardcover digibook, and even those run only about $15. I mean, maybe they have more value where you are at. I don't know. But $18 is HIGH.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm talking about USD when I use the "$" symbol.

Looks like amazon only has the deluxe edition (which is absurd) and you can get it new for about $14 here

Still high in my book. Maybe not for a deluxe edition I guess, but that's one of the reasons I never buy deluxe editions. They almost always contain features that are worthelss to me. I just want the album.

First of all..."free download", what other download is there? :D

The CDs in the three shops in my area all range from $12 to $34, the cheapest I ever bought an album offline was Maiden's Brave New World for 50 HRK, which was around $9 at the time, with the average pricing of CDs being $21. I actually don't mind paying that much, I find it acceptable, but truth be told I don't buy CDs that often due to the tragic economic state in which my country is. The average salary in 2013 is $960, so buying CDs is a real luxury.

I get CDs online more often than offline, but I gotta say...browsing through a large collection and finding that one thing you'd love feels way greater than ordering something in particular (not to mention it's a lot easier since I gotta jump through hoops to order stuff here).

I'm doing fine ;) Seeing Theocracy for the first time in 3 days...the bus ticket cost me 9 times the festival ticket's worth, but it's worth it :D

I'm doing fine ;) Seeing Theocracy for the first time in 3 days...the bus ticket cost me 9 times the festival ticket's worth, but it's worth it :D

Jealous.

Listening to this:

Relient K taught me that pop punk can be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not actually listening to it right now but I heard most of the album today (excluding the last two songs). Solid 8/10 at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you guys know of any Christian bands with a similar sound/style to Circa Survive?

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Haken. It's a new, promising, progressive metal band which looks like it's gonna be a big thing in the near future.

But right now I'm listening to...

..the remixed version of Theocracy. Oh yeah :D